Chapter Six ~ The Sorcerer Pt. 2

I walk until my legs feel like jello. I've reached the edge of the city, thanks to a taxi who helped me go faster. I think he thought I was homeless, but who cares? I got away for free.

Suddenly, I notice two kids running as fast as they can away from a large stone brick building.

"Hello?" I call. They both have backpacks on their backs and weapons in their hands, so they must be explorers or something. 

As I get closer, I see that one of them is a bacca and the other is an assassin with ender dragon wings, bright purple eyes, and fangs.  Headphones are around her neck, bouncing gently with every stride she takes.

The two exchange a panicked look as I call out to them again, and they run up to me.  The bacca grabs my hood and drags me into some shrubbery after them.

"Ow, hey!" I yelp. The assassin covers my mouth.

"Don't speak," she hisses.  "If you do, I'll have to knock you out."

They drag me farther into the woods and finally let me go.

"Who are you?" the bacca demands, clenching the axe in her hand tighter.  I think she has a tinge of a Brazilian accent, but I'm not sure.

"Who am I?  Who are you?! You just dragged me into a forest without even mentioning your names!" I exclaim.

"Okay. Hi, I'm Ann. I'm a seven year old bacca that just escaped from a prison after my village was burned down and everyone I love was killed," snaps the bacca, glaring at me with intensely blue eyes.

"I'm Justina. I just escaped from a prison with Ann after discovering I was an ender hybrid and was dragged away from my family. I'm also seven," says the assassin, also glaring intimidatingly.  She puts her headphones over her ears and she becomes a regular human again.

"Uh, hi. I'm Ty, but people call me Wolfie. I'm a sorcerer that ran away from my foster family. Um... may I ask how you escaped?" I ask.  

"Well, I managed to smash the bars in the window that connected our cells. Then, she crawled through, hacked away my obsidian handcuffs, got me my headphones back, then I smashed the iron bars," Justina says.  "To put it simply." 

"How did you manage that? Ender powers?" I inquire. 

She nods and shrugs.  "It's not all that bad, actually."

"Well, where are you headed to now?" I ask, scuffing the ground with my shoe.

"We're probably going to travel until we find another village or build our own," Ann says.  She looks exhausted, and she probably is.

"Uh, can I go with you?" I look at them, hoping they'll say yes.  They look at each other and nod.

"We can always use another person to join our group," Justina states.

"But first, let's get away from the prison," Ann says, looking in the direction they came from anxiously. "If they catch us, they'll take you too, Wolfie."

We take off running, going as fast as we can until we can't go any more.

"I hope they don't find us in the night..." Ann mumbles.

"Don't worry about it," I say. I make an invisibility force field around us, concealing us from everyone outside the bubble.  "We're safe."

"What else can you do?" Justina asks, curiosity in her tone.

I fist bump myself and blue fireworks shoot straight up. Then, I levitate us all into the air so we can touch the top of my massive force field.

"This is so cool!" Ann grins, but it's hollow. 

I smile and lay down on the ground, the girls following close behind. 

"Goodnight," I murmur.