Chapter Seven ~ The Lost Pixelmon Pt. 1

I strike a cow with a lightning bolt and turn into a human, quickly picking up the cooked steaks and carrying it back to my den, which is basically just a hole in the ground.

I place the meat on a plate and sit down, beginning to eat.  My drawings are plastering the walls, with Julia scrawled messily in the corner of the paper. Some of the self portraits I've done are me as a human, and others are me when I'm a Pikachu.

Yes, this little eight year old girl is a completely overpowered Pikachu. Most people won't know from just looking at me.

"Mommy, I have steak!" I call.  A female pikachu walks out of a bedroom and nuzzles me.  I turn into a small pikachu and nuzzle her back.

She's not my real mom, considering she's a purebred Pikachu and I'm what is classified as a Lost Pixelmon, which means that I can turn into a human as well as Pikachu. She adopted me when she found me wandering aimlessly around the woods.  I love her more than anyone else in the world.

We eat the steak and I scamper to my bed.  Mom tucks me in and kisses my forehead before walking out and leaving me to sleep. She doesn't talk much, but when she does I can understand her.

"Goodnight Mom," I whisper as I fall asleep.

When I wake up, I see my mom at the door of our den.

"I'm going hunting," she says simply in her language. I nod and she leaves, her tail swaying gently from her movements.

For a long time, I wait anxiously for her to return.  When I hear rapid footsteps, I peek outside the door of the den.

Much to my horror, I see my Mom running away from two rowdy Pixelmon trainers, Pokeballs in their hands.

"Almost got her!" shouts one. The other laughs and continues the chase.

"Stop!" I cry, running to the door.  I transform into a human and run after them, my fiery red hair flowing out behind me.

Before I can stop them, one of the trainers tosses the ball, and my mother is sucked inside.

"Let her go," I growl as soon as I catch up to them.

"No! We worked hard chasing this one down! Why do you care so much? You're just a little kid!" says the trainer that holds Mom in his hand.  He adjusts his red hat and grins cruelly. 

"Because that is my Mother you're holding! Let. Her. Go," I insist.  They burst out laughing.

"Your MOM?! She's a PIKACHU!" howls the second trainer in a blue hat.  

"You don't want to see what I can do," I warn. They continue laughing and Red Hat tucks my Mom's pokeball into his sidebag.

"Hold this," he says, handing it to Blue Hat.  He walks over to me and shoves me as hard as he can, sending me sprawling to the ground.

"You're so stupid! Pikachu's aren't mothers to human kids!" he laughs, kicking me in the gut. I gasp for air and curl up in a little ball.

"You have to believe me!" I cry.

"In your dreams!"

Then I snap. I turn into a Pikachu and summon lightning bolts at both of them. They shriek and dodge the bolts.

"TO THE RIVER!" screams Blue Hat.

"Wait! No! She'll die!" I scream, chasing them through the forest.

They reach the river before I do and release my Mom from the Pokeball. Before she can react, they shove her into the river.  Even as a human, I have an extreme weakness for water.  Besides drinking it, coming in contact with it will weaken me.

"NO!" I sob, trying to reach her. With one last attempt, I jump into the river.  I can feel the water sucking away my life force.  Mom sinks further down into the depths, unable to swim.  I can see her electricity fizzling out, and I know that if I don't get back to land, I'll die as well.

She disappears from sight as soon as her electricity fades.

I kick back up to the bank and crawl out, choking and sobbing.  My vision is fuzzy and my entire body tingles right before everything goes black.