Chapter 40

Adam's POV

"Who goes there?" yells a guard from the top of the wall surrounding the kingdom.

I look at my group, then back at him.

"Team Crafted and Team Canadian."

"What are you doing here?"

"We're Youtubers. We've come to visit," I say.

"Alright, open the gates!"

The iron gates open slowly, and we walk inside.

"Put your weapons away," Quentin whispers.

I'm confused for a moment, but as soon as I see the guards watching us, I motion to the group. I signal to the group, and everyone puts their weapons in their sheaths or on their belts.

"Adam, hide the amulet," Jason mutters.

I quickly put my amulet underneath my chestplate, and we continue on our way to the castle.

When we arrive, I take a deep breath and walk into the castle.

That's when I see him. The man who posed as my father and stole my kingdom. Next to him stands my fake mother, and it makes me sick just seeing them.

"Your majesty," I say as we walk in.

"Hello. What brings you here?" the king asks.

"Oh you know, the kingdom," I say, shrugging.

"What about the kingdom?" the queen asks.

"I love everything about it! I'm so lucky to own it," I say.

They look confused, and I grin.

"Does this remind you of anything?"

I pull my amulet out of my chestplate, and their eyes widen.

"You lived?! How?!" the king exclaims. "You were supposed to die!"

"I met these people, and they kept me alive. What you did wasn't enough, and now we're here to take back what you stole!"

The king growls and stands up.

"Guards!" he yells. A bunch of royal guards run into the room, and everyone unsheathes their weapons.

The king and queen both unsheathe their swords, and the entire room turns into a battlefield.

General POV

Jerome begins fighting of guards at one of the entrances. Khali, Ann, and Mitch take the other entrances and fight there.

Justina and Ty fight from the sky, shooting down guards that sneak up behind people, and just fighting in general.

Julia electrocutes people, and uses her other powers to fight. Quentin begins pulling out the TNT, and Adam looks over at him.

"Quentin, you're going to blow up the castle!" he says as he stabs a guard.

"Don't worry about it!" Quentin replies. He places the TNT down and ignites it. He runs away, and it blows up all entities around it, but no blocks.

"Nice one!" Jason says as he fights.

"Thank you," Quentin says. He freezes a guard that runs at him with an Ice Blast and places another TNT.

"Guys..." Khali yells, pointing at Ian. He's gone completely still, and his eyes are moving out of place.

Everyone from Team Canadian and Team Crafted hides, and the guards just stand there, confused.

Then the derp attack begins.

Ian starts flailing around, knocking people over or out cold. The guards panic and try to figure out what to do, and the king throws his hands up in exasperation.

"Will someone please just knock him out already!?"

One of the guards hears and smacks Ian over the head with the handle of his sword. He falls onto the floor with a thud, completely out cold.

"Quentin, go get Ian! We'll keep fighting!" Ann yells.

The fighting continues, and Adam runs after the king.

Adam's POV (again)

"Adam, don't do anything stupid!" Julia yells after me. I hesitate for a minute, but keep running.

"Fight me like a man, you coward!" I yell. The king turns around, sword in hand.

"Fine. If you want a fight, you'll get a fight!"

Our swords clash in the air, and the fight begins. He's good, there's no doubt about it, but I'm better. Years of training will do that. I manage to give him a cut on his cheek, and he slashes me across the arm. I wince in pain, but continue fighting. He's losing, and he knows it.

"You're weak, and so were your parents!" the king yells, and I stumble. That minor mistake allows him to knock me to the ground. He points his sword at my throat, and I take a deep breath.

"Not so strong now, are you, Dahlburg?" he asks, panting hard. He actually remembers my last name, and I have to give him credit for that.

"You're a coward that doesn't deserve to even step foot in this castle," I say. His sword gets closer, and I hold my breath.

"Today, I will end your line forever," he snarls. "And nothing will stop me this time."

"Are you sure about that?" I ask. With that, I grab my sword and stab him in the gut. He gasps and falls over, his breathing short and laboured.

"How did you win? I was supposed to kill you!" he pants.

"The tables have turned in my favour. Now, I'm going to take back my kingdom," I say. He then takes his last breath.

I stumble out of the hallway, gripping my bleeding arm. Julia runs up to me and hugs me.

"He's gone," I whisper. Julia nods and smiles, but her face falls when she sees my arm.

"Quentin!" she calls. He comes running over, and his eyes fall on my arm.

"Lie down, I'll get to you in a minute."

A/N: Holy crap, that was a long chapter. Hope you enjoyed that battle, because I'm not the greatest at writing battle scenes. :P