Chapter 38

Jerome's POV

I stare at my old village, memories flooding back like a tsunami. Charred rubble sits in piles, and there are remnants of building walls still standing. Skeletons of deceased baccas lie on the ground, their bones pure white from the sun. It makes me want to throw up.

I walk through the village towards my old house. When I see it, it breaks my heart.

I pull out my phone and text Ann.

J: Please teleport to me.
A: Ok. Why?
J: Just do it.

I put my phone down, and in seconds, Ann is beside me.

"Oh, that's why," she mumbles, staring at our village.

I nod and walk towards my house in silence. Ann follows, not saying a word.

The door is hanging off of its hinges, and the walls are either rubble or half destoryed. I walk through to my bedroom, and it's hardly recognizable.

"Ann..." I whisper, tears forming in my eyes. I look over at her, and she has tears in her eyes as well.

I look through my room. Only a little bit of the walls remain, and the floor is only half destroyed.

I gasp suddenly and start destroying a small section of my floor.

"Jerome, what are you doing?" Ann asks. I don't answer until the floor is gone. There, underneath the floor, is a chest.

"What is that?" Ann asks.

"I once overheard my parents talking about a chest that they hid underneath my floor for when I was 18. I didn't understand why it was there, but I guess now I'll find out," I say. I open the chest and pull out a diamond battle axe.

"Woah..." Ann mumbles.

I nod and look at her.

"Should we go home?"

She nods and I take her hand before teleporting back to the Team Crafted house.

Mitch's POV

I stare at my village, and it feels like there's an anvil on my heart. The blazes and the wither skeletons are gone, but their destruction is not.

I run through the light snow to where my house is. The entire front of it is destroyed, and our dining room is blown to smithereens.

This is where I was sitting when my entire family was killed. I never found them...

I walk through the house and look around. Where could my family have gone?

Then I remember. I was going to go to the kitchen when a piece of burning wood stopped me.

I run into the kitchen and almost throw up.

Four skeletons scattered around the floor. There's a massive hole in the side of the kitchen, and the wood around it is charred.

Something blew up my house and killed my family.

One piece of burning wood saved my life and changed the course of my future.

I grab my teleportation crystal from my pocket and leave my village.

It's too much for me to handle.

Ty's POV

I teleport to the prison that made me an Ender Hybrid and take a deep breath.

Let's do this.

I blast a hole in the side of the wall and free the five teens that were trapped. They quickly escape, and the scientists that made me this way run out of their lab.

"You..." snarls one.

"Hello!" I say, grinning mischeviously.

"You're the one who escaped! Well, not again!" he yells.

I roll my eyes and flick my hair out of my face.

"Yeah, yeah. 'I will not escape again, blah blah blah.' I just came back to thank you for all the powers, and now I'm going to use them to destroy your work so you can never torture another child again."

"You wouldn't dare..." the scientist growls.

"Ah, that's where you're wrong. I would."

As I say this, I punch a hole through the roof, fly through it and shoot ender bombs at the prison. Before they make contact, I create a force-field around myself and watch as the building that I spent many years of my life in explode.

And it feels good.