Chapter Nineteen ~ The Ender Hybrid Pt. 1

I sit against the wall of my cell and stare ahead of me, completely emotionless.  I'm exhausted and I want to leave, but I can't.

I stand up and kick the wall, causing the entire room to tremble.

"Tyler, stop!" one of the prison guards yells. 

"My name is Ty," I snarl.

"Whatever. Stop."

I smirk and cross my arms.

"Why did you mutate me to give me super strength if I'm not supposed to use it?"

"Not this again..." the guard groans. I chuckle.

"Come on, you're the ones who made me an ender hybrid. You can't expect me to stay here forever."

"Well, you aren't leaving..."

I sigh and adjust the green and black headphones that rest on my thick brown hair.

"Trust me, I'm going to leave this place soon whether you like it or not."

"Keep dreaming, kid," the guard mutters. 

I've been stuck in the same prison like cell since I was a day old.  I was chosen before I was even born to be a test subject to a new mutation serum that could make anyone part human, part monster.  For me, they chose the Ender dragon.  My green and black headphones were given to me to help keep my Ender side at bay.  If I take them off, I'll kill everyone around me.  I need to learn how to control it, but I can't when I'm constantly trapped in a small cell. 

I groan and slide down to the floor, waiting for anything exciting to happen.  I've learned and perfected many things in my seven years of life, including waiting, games with rocks, sarcasm, and being emotionless.  I consider them my gifts.

The same guard I was talking to earlier opens my cell with his keys.

"Time to get you the power to teleport!" he cackles.

"I don't want to," I say instantly. "It hurts."

"You don't have a choice."  He approaches me and chains my hands together behind my back.

"Please don't," I whisper.  He ignores me and leads me out of my cell.  My head hangs in defeat, and I wait for the pain to end.