Chapter 41

Jason's POV

Adam lies down on one of the makeshift cots that Khali made, and I look around the battlefield. Ann is on the cot next to Adam with a gash across her stomach, and Justina has an arrow in her shoulder that Quentin is carefully removing.

Mitch and Ty sit anxiously next to Ann and Justina's cots, and Jerome paces around behind them while Wolfie tosses a flame into the air and watches Justina. He is like her brother, after all.

"How's it going, Dr. Q?" I ask.

He shushes me and pulls the arrow tip out of Justina's shoulder. She groans, and Ty and Wolfie both look at her with concern.

Quentin quickly wraps the bandages around her arm, and then goes to Ann and begins working on the gash in her stomach.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" I ask.

"Yeah, if you could clear out the area, that would be good," Quentin says, motioning to the battleground.

I begin picking up people and carrying them outside. As I walk past Adam, he looks up at me.

"Is the queen dead as well?" he asks, his voice a whisper.

"Yeah. She tried to follow you and the king into the hallway, but Mitch shot her and killed her," I say. Adam looks over at him, and Mitch smiles slightly.

Everyone who isn't injured helps out in cleaning up the throne room, and once it's done, we all sit on the floor, all sprawled out. Everyone who was injured remain on their cots, and everyone sits relatively close to them.

Mitch and Jerome lean against each other as they sleep, and Khali's head rests against Jerome's leg. Ty remains awake, his eyes flickering between Adam and Justina. Wolfie sleeps in a curled up ball next to him, and Ian and Julia sleep on either side of him.

"Quentin, get some sleep. They'll be fine," I whisper. Quentin, who was still watching the patients, looks up at me and sighs.

"Alright, Jason. Goodnight."

He lies down and falls asleep in no time. I then look over at Ty, who's eyes are red from exhaustion.

"Go to sleep. They'll still be here tomorrow."

He shakes his head stubbornly and looks at Adam and Justina.

"I need to know that they're going to be ok," he mumbles.

"Ty."

"Fine."

Ty sighs heavily and lies down, his dragon wings wrapping around him. Soon enough, he's fast asleep.

I smile and take off my helmet before lying down. My vision begins to swim, and I fall into a deep sleep.