Chapter Seventeen ~ The Budder King Pt. 1

"Sir, your parents are requesting you in the throne room."

I look up from where I'm sitting at the servant in the doorway of my bedroom.

"Why can't they get me themselves?"

"Sir, your parents are the king and queen. They don't have to do anything they don't want to."

I groan and stand up, adjusting the gold and amethyst amulet around my neck.  I brush past the servant and stride down the hall to the throne room.

"Mother, Father," I greet as I enter. My parents, the king and queen of the Budder Kingdom, look at me.

"Adam, have you done your training today?" Father inquires.  I purse my lips and nod.

"Yeah. Is that the only reason you called me from my room?"

"Don't speak to us in that tone, Adam," Mother scolds.

"Go to the field and train with the dummies," Dad orders, gesturing to the door.

"I said I already trained today," I reply with more force.

"I don't care. Go."

I glare at them and grab my sword from my throne, which is basically just a small chair compared to their thrones. 

"Fine Father," I say, my tone as sassy as I could possibly make it.

"In the throne room, you call me Sir!" Father shouts as I leave the room.

I get outside and take a deep breath. Why do they hate me so much? I've never done anything to them!

I grasp my sword in my hands and slice the head off a dummy in the training yards.  Anger bubbles in my chest and I stab another dummy relentlessly. 

"Prince Adam! Why are you back here? You've already trained today," asks one of the royal guards as he passes.

"Father is making me," I growl.

The guard sighs and leans against the stone wall surrounding the training grounds.  "He wants you to train because he knows you'll make a good king."

I chuckle and stab the dummy in the chest, right where his heart would be.

"Yeah, right."