Chapter Twenty-Six ~ The Mudkip Pt. 2

For awhile, I avoid leaving my house and the water as much as possible. I don't want the trainers to come back and make me a target.

Eventually, the food in my house runs out. If I stay inside, I'll starve.

When I go out to find food, all I return with is one small fish. I go farther down the river, but give up after an hour of searching.

Defeated, I return home. I know I can't go on like this much longer. Eventually I'll have to leave, but I don't want too! This has been my home all my life.

Determined to find food, I swim to the surface and begin walking through the woods. As I do, an arrow whips past my head and impales itself into the tree beside me. I jump in surprise, my heart racing.

If it's the trainers, I'm done for.

I raise my hands, ready to fire. Much to my surprise, it's just a bunch of kids that look to be around my age.

They freeze immediately. Some of them look scared.

"Did you shoot at me?" I demand.

"Sorry, I thought you were an animal that we could eat," says one. He's holding a bow, as well as a cow and a chicken on a leash. I look at his bow, then to the animals. These kids don't look like trainers, but you can never be too sure.

"Drop the bow. Why were you hunting me if you have perfectly good farm animals with you?"

A pig that's walking beside a guy in a spacesuit snorts.

The kid with the bow immediately drops his weapon. "We don't kill these animals. The cow and chicken are for eggs and milk, and the pig is Jason's pet."

"Who are you people?" I ask, lowering my palms a little.

"Team Crafted," replies one of the boys. He has a red and black hoodie on.

"Give me your names," I order.

"Adam," says one. He has a horse with him dressed in full golden armour, which is odd. "And this is Jerome, Mitch, Ty, Ian, and Jason." He points to each boy in turn, and they nod their heads.

"I'm Quentin." My hands drop to my sides, and a look of relief washes over their features.

"Nice to meet you." Adam looks up to the sky, where the sun has started to go down. "Okay, look. You can join us now or you can go back home, but we don't have a shelter yet and the mobs are going to come out soon. Are you with us?"

I look back to the river, then at the bag on my shoulder. I packed all of my potions stuff before I left, purely because I needed to restock, but now I won't have to go back and get anything. All I need are my potions. Team Crafted watches me, waiting for my decision.

"Sure, let's go," I say finally.

"Perfect, come on!" Ty exclaims.

Together, we go running through the woods.

Even though I prefer the water, I don't think I'll mind so much if I live on land.

A/N: I've only edited up to this point, so bear with me! A lot more chapters are going to be added between now and the following chapter, so it's going to change a lot. Just a warning!