Chapter Eight ~ The Lost Pixelmon Pt. 2

I wake up slowly and look around, instantly seeing the body of my mother lying nearby.  I start to sob, knowing what I have to do.  Whoever brought her up from the riverbed wanted me to bury her.

I quickly dig a hole and bury Mom, marking the hole with a cross made of sticks.  As I try to stand, my head spins and I fall back to the ground.  Obviously still weak from the water, I curl up and try to find comfort in sleep. 

~~~~~ 

"Hello? Are you okay?" someone asks. I open my eyes and see the faces of a bunch of kids looking down at me.  I shake my head, tears forming in my eyes.

"What happened?" asks one of the kids, looking over at the grave beside me.  She's wearing assassin robes and there are headphones underneath her hood.

"My mom went out to hunt, and two trainers came and captured her, and when I tried to get her back, they released her from a Pokeball and shoved her into the river," I whisper, trying to hold back sobs.

The kids look over at the grave and their faces fall.

"I'm so sorry.  My name is Ty, but you can call me Wolfie," says the boy.  I think he's a sorcerer, judging by his cloak.

"I'm Justina, and this is Ann," says the assassin. She gestures to the bacca, and she waves.

"What's your name?" asks Ann.

"Julia..." I say, wiping away my tears. "I'm a Lost Pixelmon."

"You can turn into a Pikachu?" Ann asks.

"Yeah."  I quickly turn into a Pikachu, and they smile weakly.

"I'm a sorcerer, Ann is a bacca and Justina is an Ender Assassin," Wolfie states.

"An Ender Assassin? I know about baccas and sorcerers, but I can't say I've ever heard of an Ender Assassin," I say, standing up from the ground slowly.  My head aches, but it doesn't knock me off my feet like it did before.

"Um, we're pretty rare," Justina says, rubbing the back of her neck. "Basically, I'm half ender dragon, half assassin."

I nod and stare at the ground, saying nothing.  The other kids look at each other.

"Do you want to come with us? We're teaming up to try and restart our lives," Ann says finally.  I nod quickly and they smile.

"Thanks.  I didn't really want to be alone," I say.  My eyes scan the river, and I just see the eyes of a creature disappearing below the waters.  I silently thank them before looking back to the grave.

"Goodbye Mom," I whisper.