Scary Movies

Jonah didn't like scary movies. They terrified him.

He also didn't like seeming weak, he was the oldest of the band. Both of those things combined never worked out well.

Jonah had managed to not watch horror movies for quite some time, but when the boys suggested that they watch a horror movie, Jonah's stomach dropped.

"Hey boys. I'm gonna watch IT. You guys wanna watch?" Daniel asked all of the boys who were in the kitchen.

"Of course!" An energetic Corbyn said.

"Yeah." Jack agreed.

"No. You know I'm scared of clowns. I'll watch a horror movie some other time." Zach said.

Jonah saw an opening. "I'll keep Zach company. I don't want him to feel left out."

Zach spoke up. "No, Jonah. Go ahead and watch it with them. I'll be fine. I need to call my mom anyways."

Zach smiled and walked up the stairs to his room, leaving a ball stuck in Jonah's throat.

"You in, Jo?" Jack asked.

"Uh..." Jonah looked at his feet, trying to decide what to say.

"Awww is Jonah scared of the movie?" Daniel asked in a mocking voice.

Don't get them wrong, if they knew that Jonah was scared of horror movies, none of them would be mad and would be fine with watching a comedy instead. But Jonah's pride got in the way.

"No of course I'm in." He laughed.

Corbyn smiled brightly before popping the movie in, turning off all the lights and sitting down on the couch. He patted the spot next to him, signaling Jonah to sit. Jonah reluctantly did so, letting Corbyn cuddle into him. On the other side of the couch, Jack and Daniel were cuddling close.

The second the movie started, Jonah's heart began to race. About twenty minutes into the movie, everything started to go downhill. A jump scare came onto the TV, making everyone jump a little. Jonah about jumped out of his skin.

"You Okay, J?" Corbyn asked, looking up at the oldest.

Jonah nodded his head slightly with a small smile. "I'm fine."

Corbyn went back to watching the movie. All throughout the movie and throughout the scares, Jonah silently cried. No one noticed, everyone too busy watching the movie. Quiet tears streamed down Jonah's face.

Corbyn looked up finally to see tear tracks littering Jonah's face, new ones running down different paths. "Jonah? Why are you crying?" Corbyn asked, causing the attention of everyone to be casted to the older boy.

Daniel paused the movie, turning on a light from a lamp. "Jo?" He asked.

Jonah realized he was still crying and jumped up off the couch, racing to his room.

"Jonah!" Jack called after him.

All of the boys were up and running behind him, startled when they reached his door and it was locked. The commotion brought out Zach who saw what had happened and went to go find a spare key.

"Jonah open the door!" Daniel said, pounding his hands on the wood.

They were all scared out of their minds, not knowing what was happening to their brother. Zach raced back with the spare key, opening the door and rushing in. They all stop and caught their breath once they saw a crying Jonah curled up in the corner of the room, hyperventilating.

"Jo!" Corbyn yelled at, running to Jonah and pulling him into his lap.

Daniel turned on the lights and ran over to the two other boys. Zach and Jack followed, scared out of their minds.