Bipolar

-midnightsocean this request is for you! I don't know much about the topic so I googled it and tried my best.

Love y'all

////////////////////////////////////////////

Bipolar.

Jonah knew the word, all too well.

He was only 8 when he had been diagnosed after his sister was sent to the hospital with a broken nose for taking his snack.

Since then, he had been to too many doctors to count and figured out what it meant for him. All the boys knew, especially his boyfriend Zach.

Jonah knew exactly what his manic episodes did to him, thought he mostly didn't remember a lot of them.

He hallucinated.

He acted like a caged animal.

He hurt people.

He hurt himself.

And the worst part, it lasted for days.

He had been hospitalized several times from them.

But his medication had been working, so it had been months since anything happened.

So when Jonah looked down into an empty medication bottle, he figured he could just wait to get them refilled tomorrow.

After all, skipping one pill couldn't hurt, right? 

Wrong.

——————;)——————

"Jo, baby are you gonna come eat breakfast?" Zach called from the kitchen.

Jonah jumped up, practically running down the stairs. He hadn't slept at all last night, but felt buzzed and upbeat.

"Hey baby." Jonah said, kissing Zach roughly.

He grabbed Zachs hair, pushing his head back against the cabinets as the oldest kissed him roughly.

Zach put a firm hand on his chest, trying to push him off. Jonah grabbed his wrist back, roughly guiding it to his waist.

Zach closed his eyes as he understood what was happening.

Jonah was having a manic episode. He was only rough with the younger when he was in the midst of one because of how much energy he had. It was like he couldn't control himself. Zach just had to be gentle and keep him calm.

The other three realized what was happening too and moved to form a circle around Jonah in case something happened. Unlike most people, Jonah preferred the boys to be around him instead of giving him space. It made him feel safe and always helped the depression that set in after episodes.

"Jo, baby?" Zach asked against their kiss, making him pull back slightly.

"Yes my love." Jonah smiled, but Zach could see the change that always happened when he had an episode.

"Code green?" He asked lightly, making sure not to say it harshly.

All the boys had come up with the code word as a joke during a movie night in which Corbyn had picked avengers. They quickly noticed that the hulk kind of acted like Jonah when he had a bad episode, and it had become a band joke that code green meant he was having one. After a while, it just became a way for the other boys to ask if he was having a manic episode without offending him.

Jonah's eyes softened as he realized how tight his grip on Zach was. His grip loosened as he wrapped his arms around Zach's waist in a hug, putting his head in the crook of his neck. He nodded slightly against his collarbone, signaling he was having one.