Jealousy

Hey y'all this request is for Roadtrip_wdw Hope you like it! If you don't let me know and I'll rewrite it❤️.

Also: this is my first kidfic so I don't honestly know what I'm doing. I also have a poll at the end asking about my next request, so please vote.

Love y'all ❤️

////////////////////////////////////////////

Jack and Gabby were the best parents on the block, at least that's what anyone would say if you asked them.

The young couple just had an amazing heart and were always ready to help children, even if they weren't their own.

So it didn't come as a shock to anyone when they told their three kids Corbyn, Daniel, and Zach that they were adopting a young boy.

Corbyn, being the oldest, was the first to speak up.

"When?" He asked.

"Well, we're going to pick him up tomorrow." Jack answered, looking down at the fifteen-year-old.

"Why didn't you tell us earlier?" Zach asked, 6-year-old eyes shining.

"It was kind of sudden... his situation is immediate." Gabbie answered.

"How old is he?" Daniel asked, the five-year-old furrowing his eyebrows.

"He's four. Now guys, when he comes home, we need to set a few new rules. Jonah... he's very shy and nervous so we can't be too loud okay? Also, we can't turn off the lights in his room without turning on a lamp. And most importantly, he's very skiddish around new people. Let's just let him take it at his own pace, okay?" Jack said to the boys.

All of them nodded, Zach and Daniel practically vibrating in their seats from not playing for five minutes.

"Okay, go ahead." Gabby laughed, helping the boys out of their chairs.

Corbyn jumped off of his chair, grabbing his phone and beginning to text. He started to walk towards his room before Jack stopped him.

"Corbyn, we need to talk to you for a second." Jack said, sitting him back down.

"What's up?" The teenager asked, putting away his phone.

Jack sat down beside him, turning so they were facing each other. Gabbie came up behind him and massaged her husbands shoulder.

"Okay, listen. Jonah is in a serious situation. He... he was abused by his last family. And his family before that. He's had something bad done to him everywhere he's gone, so we have to show him this is a safe place, okay?" Jack said.

Corbyn furrowed his eyebrows. "What's this got to do with me?"

"Well, we need you to keep watch over Zach and Daniel. We both know they're a little young and we think their sudden movements and loud outbursts might scare Jonah a little bit. It's just until he settles in, okay?" Jack explained.

"Okay, sure pops." Corbyn said, grabbing his phone and going up to his room.

Corbyn walked into his room, laying on his bed and curling into a ball. He pulled his blue sheets over himself, feeling small tears coming down his face.

He felt... he felt abandoned.

Ever since his parents adopted Daniel and had Zach, they didn't pay attention to him. Sure, he knew that the two youngest needed to be looked after, but Corbyn needed to be with them too. But no matter how hard he tried to hang out with them, the youngest always took their attention away from him.