Thunderstorms

None of the boys every knew why Jonah didn't like storms, but knew every time they asked he would shut down.

So they didn't question it, only comforted him when he would stumble into one of their rooms with tears running down his face as thunder and lightning shook the house. They all figured the loud sounds and bright lights frightened the boy, so they would hum to him and rub his back until the storm would end and he could finally sleep.

But what they weren't expecting was for the biggest storm any of them had ever encountered to happen on tour.

——————-;)—————-

"Jonah? Jonah? Where are you baby?" Daniel called, frantically searching for his boyfriend.

Zach was on the other side of the bus, but Daniel could hear him calling out for Jonah.

Daniel, Zach, and Jonah had been dating for two years now, so when the huge thunderstorm began shaking the tour bus, they immediately ran around looking for the oldest. The bus swayed as the driver would momentarily hydroplane and thunder would shake the bus.

Finally, Daniel decided to check the bathroom, having to brace himself against the walls to steady himself enough to walk. His heart dropped as he saw a shaking Jonah pressed against the farthest corner of the shower, crying.

Daniel could tell he had been getting dressed when the storm started, and quickly grabbed his sweatpants, walking quickly over to the boy and crouching down beside him. Sobs wracked his body as he curled into himself tighter as thunder shook the bus once again.

"Hey bubs, it's Dani. Can you look at me?" Daniel asked.

The older boy immediately flew into his opened arms, shaking and sobbing against his chest. He clutched tightly to the fake blonde's shirt, scared tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Hey baby, let's put these sweatpants on and then we can go get Zay and cuddle, yeah?" Daniel whispered.

Jonah nodded against his chest, trembling. Daniel gently helped him put on the sweatpants, the brunette curling into him as soon as it was done and not letting go.

"Okay bubba, let's find Zay." Daniel whispered, picking him up.

Daniel walked out of the bathroom with Jonah in his arms, trying not to sway too much from the shaking of the bus.

"Zach!" He called into the bus.

The youngest came running, spotting his two boyfriends. He immediately started running his hands over Jonah's body to see if he was okay, running a hand through his hair and whispering.

"Let's get in the bunk, this is just  going to get worse." The youngest whispered to Daniel.

The fake blonde nodded, rushing to their huge bunk with Jonah. Ever since the last tour when only two of them could cuddle at once, they got a larger bus with bigger bunks for this tour.

Zach held the curtain open as Daniel got in, setting Jonah beside him who immediately turned around as the blue-eyed boy wrapped his strong arms around him. Zach hopped in, closing the  curtain as best he could to block out the light from the lightning. Jonah was facing him and laid his head on Zachs chest.

The youngest slowly ran a hand through his hair, holding the oldest tight.

The bus began to shake and sway with the force of the thunder, making Jonah begin shivering from the fear. His eyes were shut tight as he shook in their hold, tears sliding down his cheeks.

"Shh baby it's okay, it's okay jo. Come on love, calm down bubs." Zach sighed, wiping the tears away.

And Jonah tried his best, but his heaving sobs kept ripping from his throat.

"Jonah?" Corbyns voice sounded through the bus, frantic footsteps following him.

"In the bunk." Zach called, holding Jonah tight to his chest.

Corbyn opened the curtain ever so slightly, passing a pair of headphones through the crack.

"They're noise-cancelling." The newly brunette boy explained.

Daniel gratefully took the headphones from behind Jonah, gently putting them over his ears and turning them on. He plugged them into his phone and began to play soft music, rubbing Jonahs back gently.

They all watched as the oldest visibly relaxed into his boyfriends holds, body only tensing slightly when the bus would shake.

Eventually, his breaths evened out and he fell asleep on Zach's chest, who reached his arm over Jonah and interlocked his fingers with Daniels.

"I love you, D." Zach whispered.

"I love you too Zay." Daniel responded, burying his face in the crook of a snoring jonahs neck.

Zach waited until Daniel was asleep to nuzzle his nose into Jonahs curly hair, smiling as he smelled his lavender scented shampoo. He closed his eyes and thanked god for his boyfriends that he loved with his whole heart.

And when Jonah woke up in the morning, arms surrounding him protectively even in their sleep, maybe he stayed in their hold and listened to their soft breathing. And if Zach and Daniel woke up and both pretended to stay asleep for hours so they could all be tangled together way too late into the afternoon, nobody had to know.