18

"Where are you guys coming from? You all should have been in here." Willian said to us as we walked towards the doors to the auditorium. I only had one thing that I wanted to say to him, and I'm pretty sure that Noah wanted to say it too.

"Fuck off." I said to him as Mike opened the door for us and I walked through them, and as soon as I did the whole room fell dead silent, and everyone looked at us. Here goes nothing.

"Where have you been? And I see you've found your friends?" My Dad said from the stage. With the distance that we had between us I felt more comfortable to say what I needed to say. It was too late to chicken out. I had to tell him no matter what, and plus Erica was going to take the fall for me.

"The killer was here not too long ago, and he almost attacked Erica and Colin." You could hear a pen drop at how quiet it was inside of this big room filled with lots of people. It was odd how quiet everyone was. I looked around at everyone and saw some people exchanging looks with others.

"Where?" My Dad said as he got down from the stage and started to walk towards us. Now I was feeling less brave. "The Bio lab, like 10 minutes ago." Everyone started to talk about what had just left my mouth, and not in a good way.

My Dad quickly patted my back which meant that our conversation wasn't over with. He quickly got on the walkie talkie and said somethings to his men about searching the school while some stayed and protected us.

I heard the doors to the auditorium lock as all the officers inside stood guard. I took a seat with the others as everyone else started to go absolutely crazy. All I could do was watch. But as I watched I noticed a pair of eyes on me. I looked a bit harder and saw that it was Derrianna sending me daggers. I acted as if I didn't notice and continued to watch everyone else.

"Okay, explain." I looked away from everyone else as the teachers tried to calm everyone down and to my highly pissed off Dad, who looked like he was about to explode. I'm sad to say that I sometimes have that effect on him.

"We went looking for our missing art teacher and these two almost got attacked." I said to him and he only stared at me, like he was trying to understand why I would do something like that. He was mad, so it was time for Erica to take most of the blame.

"But Erica has something to say." He slowly looked away from me and to Erica, and it was silent amongst us. I looked at Erica and she was only looking at my Dad like she was about to cry. Okay, he's not that scary.

"I was so scared, I thought that I was going to die." A tear fell from her eyes and my Dad's expression soften. What the hell is this?! She isn't taking the heat! Now that she's crying I'm going to get in even more trouble! I'm dead meat.

My mouth formed a small "o" as I stared at the floor in disbelief. I think he's really going to kill me. I don't think I'm ever going to see freedom again. "Mara, what the hell were you thinking?! You could have gotten your friends killed!" My Dad stressed at me while I stayed in my same position, just staring at the floor.

"I was only thinking about our missing art teacher that no one seems to notice is missing." I looked up from the floor and to my Dad who looked back at me with even more anger. He let what I said settle in and then his expression soften again. Since he knew that someone was missing he couldn't stay mad at me. He had more to worry about.

He pulled out his walkie and started to talk on it again. "And also look for a missing art teacher." He put it away once he got his message out, and for a moment he just stared at me. He had something to say.

"We're going to talk once we're home." That was a talk that I was not looking forward to. He walked away to go calm more people down, and once he was gone I stared at Erica, who had magically stopped crying.