34

I poked my head up from the desk and saw that the killer was now sitting by the door with his back facing us. I slowly stood up and gestured for everyone else to do the same. Mike stayed sitting behind the desk as I got ready to do what I needed to do.

God, if you're real you'll let this plan fucking work.

"It's been too long! Why hasn't Mike came back yet?!" I said to the group really loud. I kept my eyes glued to the door as Cheryl started to talk.

"I swear if that sicko killed my boyfriend I'm going to kill him!" And just like that the killer stood up from his chair and quickly walked away to go "Look for Mike"

As soon as he was gone we all ran to the door. I didn't waste anytime as I unlocked the door and opened it, letting the teacher out. My nerves started to go crazy as I closed and locked the door. She stood there for a moment, looking at the door. All she has to do is leave and get help. She turned to look at all of us with a hopeful smile on her face. It made me happy. It made me want to cry at the same time.

She turned her back to us and walked right up to the door. This is it, we're going to get out of here alive. She pushed on the door but nothing happened. It didn't open. My mouth instantly flew open once I realized that it was locked. I wanted to cry and scream at the same time because that was our only chance at getting out of here. What the fuck are we going to do now?

Defeated I started to unlock the door to let her back in but Mike stopped me by pushing my hands away from the door. I was about to yell at him, but didn't when I saw the reason for why he did it. The killer was quickly approaching the teacher with his knife in his hand.

"Shit, turn around!" I yelled out and everyone else joined in. She furrowed her eyebrows and stopped dead in her tracks to look at us. Is she fucking stupid?!

"Run!" We all yelled out but I don't think she could hear us because she started to talk to us back. Oh my fucking god! I started to point behind her and she turned around, but a bit too late.

"Fuck!" I cried out as the killer lunged his knife deep into her stomach. She started to yell and scream out in pain as he continued to do it, until she fell down. Once she was down he started to walk towards the door. We all stayed there and watched as he stood in front of the door and stared at us.

"This is fucked! Let us out!" Max yelled out and we all agreed with him by also yelling at him. We all stopped when he started to laugh. What the fuck is so funny? Why is he laughing right now? "This is going to be fun." Was all he said before he sat down in his chair.

-

It was now 4:05 and we were all starting to lose hope, and sanity. I was pacing around the library trying to think as everyone else stayed quiet and did whatever. There has to be another way of getting out of here. We just can't be stuck in here. Someone has to realize that we're missing and come look for us. Someone has to. I stopped pacing and looked at the window that I was now standing in front of.

And then a thought popped into my head. I quickly ran over to the desk and grabbed some paper and black markers. Why didn't I think of this before? I spread out all of the paper and started to write on them in big, black, bold letters.

"What are you doing?" Noah asked me as everyone watched me. I didn't say anything as I continued to write. Once I was done I threw down the marker and grabbed some tape and ran to the window. This is going to work. Someone will see this very soon.

"Mar?!" Once I was done taping the paper to the window I stepped back and I started to smile. Directly across the street from our library is a block filled with houses. There's always someone walking down the street so we'll be getting help in no time.