31

"This place is a mess." I called out as I saw the state that the library was in. The Principal had informed us that while serving our detention we would be organizing all the books in the library. The place wasn't huge, but there were a lot of books.

I let out a sigh and placed my bag on one of the chairs at the table covered in books. We have a lot of work ahead of us. "I didn't think anyone at this school could actually read." Cheryl called out as Ingrid and I sat down at the table with all of the books.

"They don't. They just come in here to fuck shit up just so the poor librarian has to clean it up." I watched as Ingrid picked up a book and started to remove all of the unnecessary paper from it. I followed her actions as everyone else went straight to work at the shelves.

30 minutes into organizing and I was kind of having fun. Ingrid and I were talking about books, but then stopped when we ran out of books to talk about. But then I remembered something that I wanted to ask her.

"Was what you said about Law school true?" I asked her as I placed a book on the chart for Erica to come and get to be placed on the shelf. Ingrid started to chuckle as she did the same with her book. "I never really talk about it because no one ever believes me, but it's been my dream since I was 10."

"Why?" I sounded like such a kid, but I was interested in her and her passions. She's one of my first real girl friends who don't come from the same background as me.

"I just like the Law. I think it's badass, especially when there's Women involved." I laughed and started to clean another book, not thinking twice about what Ingrid had just said. And then I thought about it. What did she mean when there's Women? I slowly closed my book and watched her slightly nod her head to the music that was coming from Mike's phone.

"Ingrid?" I slowly asked her and she raised her brows at me, singling for me to say what I had to say. "Are you gay?" As soon as I asked she started to laugh, and I mean like really laugh.

"Isn't it obvious? Why do you think I hangout with guys most of the time?" I had no idea. I just thought that she was edgy and hated girls. I gasped at her and she laughed more. I'm surprised, but happy that I have an actual lesbian friend!

"Now I see it. All lesbians are badass. And you my friend are the baddest of the bad." I said as I smiled at her. She put her book down and smiled at me right back.

"This is boring!" Erica yelled out as she threw down a book. I shook my head and peaked to see what she was doing. She was now groaning and pacing. I don't know why but if Erica is doing something for too long without a break she starts to get restless. And my friends you're about to witness her restlessness.

I started to laugh as Erica began. She started to frantically look around the library for something for her to do. And when she saw nothing she cried out and laid down on floor. And now this is when someone is supposed to intervene.

I stood up from my seat and walked over to her. I helped her up and thought about what we could do that was fun for us. And then I remembered something. I quickly walked over to Mike's phone and picked the perfect song. It's one of Erica's favorites.

The beat to steal my sunshine started to play and Erica instantly got excited. Now it's time to dance. Without any warning she grabbed Noah and I grabbed Ingrid. We were all dancing and laughing in the middle of the library not caring about all the books that needed to be organized still.

It was moments like this that matter most. Just feeling the moment with some friends. I really do love these guys. I love how we can all just come together and do stupid stuff like this. Before these guys I would be too embarrassed to even dance a little in front of people. But now I don't care. I'm having fun, and that's all that really matters.