Chapter 7

Leaning against the wall outside his office I took a moment to breathe. My body was flooding with emotions and at the moment I wasn't sure I could process them all. How could someone be grateful and pissed off all at the same time. I was aggravated with myself for wanting him to watch me take off my shirt, while at the same time wishing so badly that he would leave and give me some privacy. Thankful that I wasn't punished more severely than a night in the dungeons below but also aggravated that now I wasn't permitted to leave. I wasn't a part of this pack so unless I was a prisoner I could leave. Right? Another thought was who that girl was? Bella he called her. I instantly felt pissed that he chose to kick me out instead of her. There were too many emotions in such a short span. Was I going crazy?

Taking a step away from the wall I decided to go and find Athena. She seemed to be really nice and I was glad that he chose her for me to pal around with. The smell of food cooking started to fill the hallways and my stomach decided to follow it. It was early afternoon and I was starving. I just hoped that whoever was in the kitchen was kind and not a real ass. Following the smell I found the kitchen. In front of the stove was Athena and perched on a stool was the Beta, Leo. They seemed to be having a conversation and I didn't want to interrupt so I turned to walk away. My stomach having different ideas let out a large rumble announcing my presence.

Athena turned around first greeting me with a smile. "Good Morning Willow. Come on in and sit down. Doc stopped in before he left and told us that you were healing nicely. Are you hungry I was just making some brunch?"

"Actually, I am a little hungry." My stomach protested loudly once again causing a blush to rise on my cheeks. How embarrassing. "And yes, I am healing. Doc said that I should be healed by tomorrow."

Leo giving me his attention now. "Good because she is cooking up enough food to feed half the pack. Even though it's for just us." With a smile on his face, he gave me a wink. Athena threw a towel at him causing a smile to grace my lips. I loved the playfulness between these two and I have only been in here for a minute.

"Willow, will you help me stir these eggs while I get the toast out of the toaster, please? Leo usually helps me but gets too busy starring at my ass and not paying attention that they burn! Have you ever heard of a Beta who couldn't multitask?" Leo tossed the dishtowel at the back of her head. I started to laugh as she turned around and stuck her tongue out at him.

"Hey now. You like it when I stare besides there are no other asses here as nice as yours babe." Shrugging her shoulders her only reply was "True". Taking the spoon from her I went to the stove and stirred the eggs in a figure eight motion. Everything looked so good and I honestly couldn't wait to dig in. Since these two were so nice I decided that maybe I could ask them some questions. Hopefully shedding some light on the umpteen million feelings I was still currently experiencing.

"Hey Athena, who is that woman Bella to Christopher?"

The two lovebirds exchanged a look and there was a brief silence before he spoke up "Bella is one of the few female warriors our pack has. She has worked her way through the ranks and is one hell of a fighter. She is also..."

"A slut," Athena chimed in. "If working your way means sleeping with all your superiors she did one hell of a good job. She follows Chris around like a dog in heat thinking she will get the Luna position. It's sickening and not going to happen now."

Leo gave her a weird look but ultimately agreed with her. "Yea she did sleep around but her fighting skills are top notch Athena." Sticking his hands up in surrender as she glared at him for his compliment of the woman. "Sorry Love but it is the truth. Why do you ask Willow?"

"I was just curious. I have seen her twice now and neither time she has been real nasty. Last night when Alpha Christopher came down to talk or kill me. I'm still sure I should be dead but I am glad he didn't do me in. Then just a little bit ago. He kicked me out in the middle of our conversation to be with her. I just wondered who she was to the pack and to him."