Chapter 14

Doc had ushered everyone out of the room once he arrived. Chris, Leo, and Athena waited outside the bedroom patiently waiting for him to come out and give them an update. Athena sat on the floor with her knees drawn to her chest, Leo leaned against the wall, and Chris paced frantically outside the door. A scream tore from the bedroom and had everyone standing at attention. Doc gave Willow a sedative and came out.

"How is she doc?" Athena asked.

Leo chimed in with, "What is going on?"

"How did that bastard do this to her. I will kill him for this". Chris was seething. Sparks of anger flew from his eyes.

Doc held up both hands to calm everyone down and turned to Chris.

"Chris, What did Dominic say to you?"

"That he came to take back what was his and that he was using dark magic to get it!"

"I see."

"But how? How come it is only affecting her We were all there."

"This is something I don't deal with Chris. I'm not going to lie to you. But I do know someone who can help. I will give them a call now. I hope she can get here quickly. I gave her a sedative for now to keep her calm."

"What do you mean Doc. Who are you calling?" Athena was white as a ghost. They had always heard the stories of witches growing up but no one had ever actually met one.

"Athena I promise you she is the best person for this job and will have more insight than I do".

"Who is she Doc"? Chris said putting his hand on docs shoulder.

"Trixie. The only witch I know powerful enough to help. Excuse me while I make the call."

Doc walked downstairs pulling his phone from his pocket. Everyone just stood around looking at each other and all thinking the same thought. Witches were real and doc knew one.

They could hear Doc's conversation floating up the stairs.

"Trixie, hey its doc. Yes, long time no see. Listen I have a problem here and you're the only one I can think to help. Yes, Young woman. No not of our pack but seeking refuge. No not that. Her ears are bleeding and she screams out in pain. The Alpha of her pack told ours it was dark magic. Yes, I know. How soon can you get here? Trix..."

The doorbell rang and doc answered the door. "Where is she Doc"

"Upstairs. I'm scared for her."

"Where is your Alpha He was with her when this happened."

"Yes, He is upstairs too."

"Lets go. I need to talk to him."

Rounding the top of the steps everyone stood in shock. How did she get here so fast Athena thought to herself. The mentally slapping her forehead Duh she's a witch.

"Alpha," Trixie said

Chris stepped forward and extended his hand to greet her. "Yes mam that is me. Christopher. Thank you for coming so quickly"

Shaking his hand quickly "Where is she.?"

Just through there Doc said putting his hand on the small of her back.

"Christopher, Let me ask you are you mates? I ask because I can feel your wolf prancing as we speak. It is hard for you to see her like this isn't it?"

He was taken back by that statement. How did she know? "Yes, we are mates but were not mated. And yes I can't stand this, Why do you ask?"

"Mating may be the only way to save her."

"I will do what I have to do. Please help her."

"Christopher, I must warn you" Her expression turned grave and her tone was very serious. "This is going to cause her a great more deal of pain. You need to prepare yourself for what you are about to hear."

He nodded his head and she went into the room with doc closing the door on Chris and the others. The sedative was starting to wear off and Willow was whimpering.

She clicked her tongue. "Dark magic indeed. He must have dug hard to find someone who still operates on the dark side of the moon".

"Can you reverse it?"

"Yes, I believe I can but this is going to cause her more pain like I told Christopher. You said she isn't of this pack so she is still apart of the other correct."

"Yes, Why is it only her that's being affected though Trixie all four of them were in the woods at the same time."

"It's the pack link. I might be able to severe it too. But without her alpha letting her go," she shook her head, "It might not work". She brushed willows hair behind her ears and whispered. "Willow my name is Trixie and I am sorry. I must cause you more pain to make you feel better. I will work as fast as I can but I need you to bear with me and trust in my process."

A scream tore through the room again as the sedative completely wore off. Thanks to the wolves higher body temperatures stuff of that nature didn't last long. Trixie opened her bag and started pulling out herbs and bottles. Doc was on his way out of the room when Chris broke in.

"Chris, she needs room to work. Cmon son lets go out here and wait."

"I need to do something. I want to help her Doc". Another scream filled the air. "Damn it Doc. What is that witch doing to her?"

"Christopher trust me. I have never steered your wrong before have I. Trixie is the best. She is going to try to reverse the spell and severe the pack link. She already warned you this would cause her more pain. If she feels it's becoming too much she will sedate her her way. Don't look at me like that. I have known her for a long time."

"Doc I trust you". Was all Chris could say as he sat next to his bedroom door.

The sun was on the rise by the time Trixie came out. "You can come in now." Everyone filed into the room." I have done what I can for her for now. I have stopped the spell and healed her ears so no residual damage should be done. I Severed her pack link mostly. But..." Turning to Chris "Without being completely mated and claimed by another packs Alpha I cant severe It all the way. With that link still open the spell can be cast again. What worries me is the next one could be worse."

Chris looking at Willow on the bed walked over to her and grabbed her hand. "Trixie, I thank you for all you have done here tonight. I invite you to stay here as long as you would like."

"Thank you, Christopher. I won't need to stay but I am only a phone call away." She said this with a wink. "Doc I will be in touch soon to see how she is doing." She walked out of the room and started for the stairs and disappeared.

Athena was relieved that her friend was going to be ok. Leo was happy that Athena no longer hurting. Doc turned to them "Come on you two let us go get some sleep. Let these two be alone." Athena leaned down and hugged her friend lightly before she left. Leo placed his arms around her shoulders and together they walked down the hall to their room. Doc went to one of the spare rooms and laid down. Chris pulled up a chair and sat next to Willow. So many thoughts were running through his head. He hated but loved her. She was a blood moon on the run and after tonight he didn't want revenge on her but revenge for her. He wanted to taste her, make love to her, make her scream his name. He leaned up and gave her a kiss on the forehead before laying his head on his arm on the edge of the bed trying to fall asleep but never letting go of her hand.