Chapter 16

The days seemed to drag on so slow. Trixie had come back to check on me and so did Doc. Nothing new had happened in the last week except I was becoming increasingly depressed. Athena tried to lift my spirits but she was unsuccessful. I couldn't shake the feeling that I would never fit in anywhere, that I would never be loved, that no matter how different I was from the rest of the Blood Moons I would always be one of them. I avoided Christopher at all costs and pretty much just hung out in my room.

I tried to process my feelings for Chris and how hurt I had been the last time we had talked. I mean, in all honesty, he was right. We didn't know each other that well. Besides feeling the need to keep me safe he wasn't obligated to do so. Athena was getting worried about me and since she was worried Leo was worried. I wasn't trying to cause problems and I really wasn't since I was staying in my room. I just wish I knew what was wrong with me. I had never experienced such sadness and emptiness before in my life and I grew up in a home with 2 parents that did everything in their power to abuse, use and put me down. Goddess I wish Tilly was here. She would know how to help me. But thanks to me and my brilliant escape plan gone wrong she no longer was. Maybe everyone would be better off if I disappeared.

*****************************************************************

"Hello, Doc! Hey, its Athena. Can you please come to take a look at Willow? No its nothing like that. This past week she seems to be going downhill though. I think she is depressed. I can't get her to eat or drink. She keeps herself locked up in her room. I'm not even sure she has bathed. Do you think she needs to come too? Ok. Well if you feel its best. Thanks, Doc. I will see you soon!"

"Why did you call Doc Athena?" Chris stood in the doorway to the kitchen listening to her conversation. He was worried about Willow to but in all honesty, he hadn't seen much of her to know how she truly was.

She turned around and glared at him. "None of your business Christopher".

He was taken aback. She had only ever called him Chris. To say the least he was a little disgruntled.

"Excuse me. She is my business"

"No, she isn't. You allow her to stay here but since that morning you have yet to check on her yourself."

"Athena Tell me what the hell is going on. Why did you have to call Doc?"

Rolling her eyes she contemplated not telling him. But then again he would just ask Leo so she thought she better.

"She isn't eating or drinking. She just lays on her bed and stares out the window. I'm not even sure she has bathed. Nothing I do is helping her so I called someone who could."

A ping of guilt struck his heart. He hadn't checked on her he just assumed she was avoiding him but he never realized she hadn't even left her room. The doorbell rang and Athena pushed past him to answer it. Doc and Trixie had shown up and she was taking them upstairs. Chris followed behind them. He had a right to know what was going on more than Athena. He was the Alpha of the pack for Goddess' sakes.

"Willow. Doc and Trixie are here to talk to you"

I just stared out the window. I never even acknowledged that they entered the room. I caught Chris out of the corner of my eye in the doorway and Athena sat at the end of my bed. Doc had pulled up a chair and Trixie stood behind him.

"Hello, Willow. How are you feeling? " I just shrugged my shoulders. Doc had been so nice to me since I arrived but I just didn't feel like talking. He turned to look at Trixie then to Athena and Chris. I saw the look they exchanged but again I didn't care. This time it was Trixie's turn to talk to me. Except she got down on the floor and laid her head on the bed so she was looking me in the eyes. It was a weird feeling like she was searching for something in my soul. Really it was almost like she was trying to comfort me.

"Willow, has the sound come back?" I shook my head no

"Are you feeling ill"? Again I shook my head no. She took her hand and placed it on my forehead and closed her eyes. When she opened them there was a hint of great sadness in them and tears were streaming down my face. What did she just do

"You are going to be ok Willow. I will be right back?" She got up and motioned for everyone to exit the room. Once all were out she closed the door and walked down the hall. "It's worse than I thought. She is more than just depressed she is severely depressed. She feels like she has no one and will never fit in anywhere. She simply is giving up."

"What is causing it?" Chris asked

She gave him a sharp look her eyes going dark. "I told you what needed to be done. I can see that you haven't yet headed my advice"

"What is that supposed to be mean?" although he had a feeling what she meant.

"When I partially severed her pack link. Since it was forcefully done to protect her it is having repercussions such as the depression she is feeling right now. I was hoping she would be strong enough to fight it but something must have happened to drag her down so far." Turning to Chris she poked him in the chest. "I also distinctly remember telling you that she needed to be mated and accepted by a new alpha to not only severe the remaining link and to bring her into another. I see that you are not only the Alpha here but are her mate. Right or Wrong?"

He looked down with a little bit of embarrassment. "Right but it is complicated".

"Fine, take your time while she suffers".

Athena whispered to Doc. "Doc she isn't going to really let her suffer, is she. You wouldn't let that happen".

Trixie heard her and turned around with a smile. "No Hunny. I won't let her suffer. I can make her feel better but it's only temporary. The rest is up to him. Come on Doc lets go see if we can help lift her up. She's in a pretty dark place right now. The sooner we help her the better". Doc and Trixie went back in the bedroom leaving Athena and Chris standing there with tension so thick you could cut it with a knife.

"Don't look at me like that Athena. I have to do what's best for the pack."

"Pretending that you feel nothing for her is not what's best for the pack or for you. She ended up here running for her life and you saved her. You fought her father to save her. Instead of leaving her locked up you gave her a room. I have seen how you look at her and how you watch her Chris. Its time to shit or get off the pot. You have some things to figure out and you need to figure them out quickly. Honestly, she was handpicked for you by the Moon Goddess. There was a reason did you ever think of that." She left him before he could answer her heading back downstairs.

Really she was right. His urge to protect and love her was great but the blood in her veins was holding him back. He couldn't help but think that maybe this was some sort of ploy even if his better judgment told him it wasn't.

A scream came from Willow's room and Chris ran in watching the witch draw a dark smoke from her body with Doc sitting behind her restraining her.