Chapter 20

He never let go of my hand the whole time we walked to our room. I can't say I didn't like it because I did. My nerves were beginning to get the best of me though as we neared the top of the stairs and questions started popping inside my head. What's going to happen when we get there? Did I act too brazenly by holding his hand? Why is he still holding my hand? Was he expecting more than just sleep when we get to the room? How were we going to sleep? Did he sleep naked? Oh, goddess, we're here.

Chris opened the door and let me go in first. I tried to act as though we had shared a room forever but my stomach was in knots not knowing what was going to happen. In all honesty, I did like the way he made me feel but I didn't think I was ready to go further with him yet. Watching him go to his dresser he pulled out a pair of pajama pants. Oh, thank goodness he doesn't sleep naked. I wasn't going to change in front of him though so I grabbed my clothes and slipped into the bathroom before he could. I pulled my hair back and put on my night shorts and a tank top, brushed my teeth and came out. Chris was already in bed laying with his arm behind his head watching me. My stomach was doing flip flops as I pulled back the covers and climbed into bed.

Rolling over to look at me Chris wore a slight smile. I wasn't sure what that was about but I could see on his face he was restraining himself. Maybe he could sense how nervous I was. He leaned in close to me and I went completely still. Here it comes I guess there's no waiting around. Kissing my brow gently "Goodnight Willow I will see you in the morning." He placed his hand on my cheek before rolling over to go to sleep. Honestly, I was so shocked. "Good night Christopher" After what happened today he was being so kind and gentle now. His back was to me as I slipped further under the covers. We both were laying on the edge of the bed when we fell asleep but sometime during the night we found ourselves in each others arms.

A loud knock sounded at the door waking us both up. "Chris Chris you awake"

Grumbling he got out of bed to go answer the door. "I am now. What is so important that you have to wake me up Leo"

"I just received reports of" he paused and saw me sitting up in bed "maybe we should talk about this in the hall"

"Just tell me what is it"

Leo started to act a little nervous which made me nervous watching him switching his weight from foot to foot. He looked at me for another moment the back to Chris he whispered so low I couldn't hear what he said "The Blood Moon pack is at it again. A call came in from a pack just south of here asking for help"

Grabbing the bridge of his nose. "Of Fucking Course they are. Go round up the pack." With a nod Leo left and Chris closed the door.

"What's going on?" His eyes pinned me to the spot I was sitting and there was so much anger on his face. "Your father" was his reply. I could feel the blood draining from my face. Not again. I squeaked out "Here"

Shaking his head "No south of here. He's attacking another pack and they need help."

I could feel my body relax a little, at least he wasn't here. At least I didn't have to deal with him for now. I still knew it was only a matter of time but not today.

"What are you going to do?"

He stared at me like I was an idiot. "What do you mean what am I going to do. I'm going to go help. If its the pack that I am thinking of its a very small pack and they won't have the numbers to fight against your father."

"Sorry I asked"

Grabbing some clothes from his dresser he pulled off his pants leaving me there to stare at him in all his naked glory. Holy shit I had never seen a man so big. His ass was so muscular and perfectly shaped leading down to thick muscular thighs. My body started to heat up. He turned to look at me with a huge smile on his face. "Like what you see Willow?"

I turned my head quickly a blush creeping up my cheeks. I had seen him naked in the woods once before but not like this. It was dark that night but this morning ... Wow...! "I uh why did you do that go in the bathroom next time and change seriously" He started to chuckle at me. It was embarrassing enough to have stared but now he wanted to laugh at me because I did so. Damn him. I picked up a pillow and threw it at him but missed. A text came through on his phone and the smile and laugh that previously enlightened his face disappeared. "Fuck" was all he said.

"What's wrong" dread filling my stomach where that warm fuzzy feeling once was.

"I have to go." He pulled on his clothes grabbed his phone and reached for the door. I jumped off the bed and grabbed his arm. My brain said to let him do what he had to do but my heart ached and was worried about his safety. He might have had run-ins with my father in the past but he didn't know him as well as I did.

"Please be careful Christopher" looking down at me his features softened and he placed his hand on my cheek. "Are you worried about me Willow?"

"Yes. I mean No. Well. Yea I am."

He brushed my hair behind my cheek and kissed my forehead. "I will be fine. Don't worry I will see you soon." He started heading out the door but stopped and turned to me very seriously. "Don't leave the manor Willow until I get back. I'm serious this time. Not even to go to the garden."

All I could do was shake my head up and down. He nodded and left leaving me standing in the doorway. I could hear the pack howl outside as they waited on their Alpha to arrive and lead them into battle. It sent shivers up my spine. I closed the door and sat on the bed, tears pricked my eyes and it was becoming hard to breathe. What would I do if anything happened to him? He didn't realize it but he was my salvation and if anything happened to him I didn't know what I would do.

Dear Father,

The diversion is working. We are on our way. Send in the witch!

Bella

Stepping out of the bathroom the room was filled with smoke. It swirled around me filling my lungs burning my eyes. Everything started to go dark and I collapsed to the floor struggling to breathe. I looked up and there stood a black-haired woman with a wicked grin on her face.