Chapter 48

I woke up to the smell of coffee and the sound of bacon frying outside. We didnt have a stove in the tent so Chris must of built a fire. I grabbed the sheet and wrapped myself up before looking around the room. We had pretty much destroyed the tent. The table was broken, all the pillows were on the floor, and the bed now only had 2 legs to stand on. Last night had been amazing and I hoped every time we made love it would be the same. As I walked outside I realized how sore my body was. I guess that's what happens when you make love until the butt crack of dawn. Stepping through the door Chris turned to me "Good morning beautiful" I smiled back "Good Morning. Are you making breakfast?"

"Why yes, I am. Today is going to be a long and it should start out on the right foot. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day you know" He smiles and hands me a cup of coffee. I smile back and take a sip.

"After we eat we will have to head home sweetheart. The Luna Ceremony is at noon and then the ball will follow concluding the ceremony and our wedding reception."

"OK. Sounds good." I took a few more sips of my coffee "Chris can I ask you a question?"

"Sure baby anything," he says as he hands me a plate with bacon eggs and toast. I didn't know you could cook so many things over a campfire

"What happens during the Luna Ceremony?" He looked at me with a hint of confusion. I know most people knew how this worked but I didn't really know about the whole mate thing until Athena explained it to me.

"Well, we start off with an oath where you agree to love and protect the pack to wrap up all the wording. Then I will mark you once more but this time you will mark me at the same time. That's the gist of it anyways. Doc will walk you through it step by step." I nodded and finished my breakfast in silence. I could feel him watching me and I was sure he felt my nerves but I couldn't help it. What if the pack didn't like me? Would I be a good Luna? When I was done I put on a spare change of clothes that was in a chest in a bag in the corner of the tent. Chris told me that Someone was supposed to come and bring the rest of our stuff back to the manor. I didnt want to leave my dress behind but if it would be brought back to the house then I guess it would be ok. We walked back to the car and drove home.

I immediately went upstairs for a shower hoping the heat would soothe my sore muscles. Chris followed me asking if he could join me. I playfully slapped him on the shoulder "No I need to get cleaned up and dressed. There will be plenty of time tonight."

He looked so sad that I denied him "Fine. I will go down and make sure everything is being set up and on schedule. When your done I will come up and get ready" He pulled me in for a kiss that made me weak at the knees and he left. Maybe I shouldn't have sent him away.

I took a little longer than I expected in the shower. The heat from the water felt so good and every time I washed a spot Chris touched last night a tingle would run up and down my spine. I chose a strapless sapphire blue dress with white diamonds that form a v just under the bust. Athena helped me to pull my hair back into a banana clip so that my golden hair still cascaded down my back while arranging the front elegantly. My shoulders and neck needed to be bare for the ceremony. Looking at the clock I realized that we had to leave or we would be late. The packhouse wasn't far away but still. Athena added a light layer of makeup then we left.

We met Chris in the foyer and he looked so hot I could have jumped him right there. He was in a pair of blue jeans with no shirt on. Again our shoulders need to be bare for the ceremony I just wish he would have worn a button-up shirt or something. All I could think of now was having him between my legs. He smiled like he knew what I was thinking and took my hand "Later sweetheart. Ahh, there it is. Thanks, Leo" Leo came around the corner with Chris's Black button-up shirt. Thank the goddess. I don't think I could have concentrated with him looking all greek god and all. I placed my hand in the crook of his arm and we made our way out and to the platform.

Doc stood in the center and the flowers from our wedding decorated the front. The whole pack, men, women, and children all gathered around to watch as I became officially their new Luna. I was starting to shake some from all the attention and nerves. Chris had given me the gist of what was to happen but nothing in length I guess now we wait and see. Doc directed me to stand on his right and held out his hand for me to take, doing the same with Chris on his left.

Clearing his throat to gain the attention of the crowd "Crescent Moon Pack. Today we come together to not only celebrate the union of Chris and Willow. Today we come together to bring a new Luna into our pack." He turned to me " Willow, Do you swear to never betray the pack?"

Taking a deep breath to steady myself this isn't so bad "I swear"

"Do you swear to uphold pack law and hold yourself and others accountable for their actions?"

"I Swear"

"Do you swear to rule with integrity, compassion, and love, never breaking the Alphas or packs trust?"

Looking at Chris I see his smile causing me to smile "I swear"

Doc looked at me with a loving smile " Do you swear to love and protect the pack as if they were your own family?"

I looked out at the crowd "I swear"

With a nod, a large wine glass was brought forward. "Willow in this glass is a drop of each pack member's blood. You must drink it all showing everyone that their life is now intertwined with yours." He hands me the glass and leans in to whisper "Don't worry its mostly wine" I smile and tilt the glass to my lips drinking it all not spilling a drop. I can feel a new connection form in my mind like a hundred doors waiting to be opened. Handing Doc the glass I look at Chris and the pack. I could feel the wine rushing to my head.

"Now its time for the joining. Chris and Willow are already mates which is evident by the mark on her neck. This is different." With another nod, a small silver dagger was brought forward with diamonds and sapphires in the hilt. "Chris and Willow, may I see your left hands?" Slowly I gave doc my hand not sure what he was about to do. "Not only with they bond through the Alpha Luna mark but in blood. I will slice their left palms which they will hold together as they mark each other." Before I knew it I felt the silver burn and slice my hand. "Chris take Willows hand and when I say mark you will both come together and make it all official."

We stood there, our blood mixing with each other for a minute. I could feel his alpha blood seeping its way into my body. The power it held was amazing. "Mark"

He pulled me so fast I almost stumbled. Kissing each other first we found our marks extended our canines and bit down. There was a familiar pain as his teeth sunk into my skin. I wondered if it was the same for him. I was not prepared for the pleasure to follow making me weak at the knees and a small moan to leave my mouth. I noticed he was growing hard and a moan escaped him. I honestly didn't think that I could make it all night without feeling his touch. We licked the marks clean sealing them in with a kiss and kissing each other once more before coming to stand side by side.

"Chris and Willow! May the Moon Goddess bless your union! Crescent moons. It is my pleasure to officially introduce you to your new Luna Willow!" Leaning into me "Congrats my dear" He looked back at the crowd. "Now we celebrate. Food has been set up on the back lawn of the manor. Thank you all"

With a round of cheers and applause, Chris whispered something to Doc and he picked me up bridal style and headed for the manor.