Chapter 10

(Willow)

Weeks had gone by, and I had hardly seen Chris anywhere. He skipped meals with us, taking them in his study, and always seemed to be up and gone before I woke or came home after I had gone to bed. It seemed that we had unintentionally made a mutual agreement in that though. He was staying away from me, and I was staying away from him. Each day that passed it seemed to be getting harder and harder to do that. Even though I wasn't actively seeking him out I did find myself constantly looking for him. Hoping to catch a glimpse of him or look up and see him looking at me.

Athena and I had plans to go grocery shopping today. Usually, she could be found in the kitchen making up something delicious so that's where I was headed. As I walked through the living room, I caught a glimpse of the training outside. Right in the middle of it all, training with his warriors, was Chris. Stopping to watch what was going on I took the time to admire him. He was truly built like a Greek god. The way his muscles danced across his back and flexed as his flipped his opponent over was making me kind of hot. Dodging attack after attack with such grace. He was amazing. Crouching down he waited for the next opponent when our eyes met causing him to lose his concentration.

As he was tackled to the ground, I hid behind the curtains trying to control my breathing. I knew I shouldn't have been staring but I couldn't help myself. I was drawn to him like a moth to a flame and this feeling wasn't going to go away anytime soon. Sneaking one last glance out the window Athena snuck up behind me.

"Well if all the good meats are gone I know why! They way you are staring at him though we might not need to go. I swear Willow your drooling." She busted out laughing.

"Shut up Athena. Stop laughing." Bringing my hands up to cover my face.
"Stop Smiling! Oh my goddess. I don't see what so funny about all of this. I haven't seen him for days and then all of a sudden I'm watching him like some creepy stalker from behind the curtains." Shaking my head I wished I could go back and just keep walking.

"Aww Willow its ok. Your mates and the laws of attraction now apply. Whether you want them to or not. You both may be fighting it now but its like you are both magnets ok. Eventually you will come together and there is nothing you both will do about it."

Shaking my head, "No. There must be some way to stop this. Somehow to make it so all of this didnt happen. Maybe the moon goddess made a mistake."

Rolling her eyes, "You and I both know that's now how it works. Listen I was thinking that you could use something to get your mind off everything. There is this bar in town that I think we should go to. Music, dancing, drinking. We can get all dressed up and get away from this," Holding out her hands looking at the manor, "for a while. What do you say?"

"Wouldn't that be against the rules Athena? I'm not supposed to leave the manor remember."

"Actually, I do believe that it was that you were not to go anywhere unaccompanied. Which you won't be. I will be with you the whole time. So, what do you say? Willow will you go out with me tonight?" Cocking her head to the side with a cheesy grin she grabbed my hands.

"Yes, Athena I will. Honestly your right I need time to unwind and just get away for a little bit. Where is the bar at exactly?"

"I will show you when we are on our way home from the store. I swear these boys know how to down some food. Are you ready to go now or do you need to finish getting ready?"

"Nope, I'm good lets go."

Surprisingly the thought of going out tonight had me really excited. I had never been to a bar before so this would be my first time. Athena always had a way of making me laugh until my sides hurt and took my mind off everything when she was around. Compared to the way I used to live this was a nice change of pace.