Chapter 45

I sat there and watched as he opened the ring box. Inside was the prettiest most gorgeous ring I had ever seen. It looked like it would match my necklace perfectly. The band was white gold with a large diamond in the middle with small sapphires on either side. The same Celtic scrollwork danced along with the band and on the inside was a crescent moon. I sat there for a moment in disbelief. The man on one knee in front of me wanted me to be his wife. A slow smile spread across my face and I stared into his eyes "Yes. 100 times yes Chris. I will marry you" the most beautiful smile I had ever seen spread across his face. A mixture of relief and utter happiness shone in his eyes. He removed the ring from the box placed it on my finger and grabbed me up and spun me around.

We laughed like two school kids who had not a care in the world. He leaned in and kissed me deeply and passionately. Our tounges danced and played with each other until we were breathless. I had the feeling we were being watched so I turned to look for the eyes I felt and in the doorway stood Leo, Athena, Doc, and Trixie. Chris looked too and when he saw them he howled. "She said Yes!" They came rushing forward and a round of congratulations began. This is what it felt like to be apart of a family. Athena grabbed my hand and looked at the ring with Trixie over her shoulder "Oh it's beautiful" Trixie said. "Good Job Chris" Athena chimed in patting him on the arm. He looked so happy and I was sure if I had a mirror I looked the same way. "It was my mothers and I thought it was only right that she has it. Its what my mom would have wanted." I kissed him once more and we all laughed and the girls and I started discussing wedding plans.

Within the first few days that followed out engagement, we decided to have the wedding on the day of the next full moon. That gave us 1 week to get everything ready but our reason was I would go into heat once more now that we were forced to unmate and we were still mates, but this time we would be together through it. The reception would be the following day but it was to also be my Luna ceremony. That made me a little nervous because there I would meet everyone and I knew I wouldn't remember all their names. Chris assured me that that would come in time. The whole pack was assigned to do something from food to flowers, decorations, and attire.

I had a chance to meet some of the elder ladies of the pack as they headed off the teams. They were all so sweet and welcoming. In each one, I could imagine them being my grandmother if I had one. Each idea for the ceremony was brought and run by me first. I didn't disagree with any of them. We ended up with white roses and blue lilies for the flowers, twinkling fairy lights per my request to be added to the decorations and enough food to feed 10 packs. Every meat and vegetable you could imagine was involved. The cake was to be a surprise but I trusted them. In all honesty, I didn't care about this plan or that one. I never dreamed growing up I would get married to my soul mate so whatever they had planned was fine.

The girls and I went to find my dress and theirs. We decided that sapphire blue would be their color and I, of course, would wear white. I honestly think that I tried on every dress in the store. The last one I tried on fit like a glove. It was absolutely perfect. It was cut and ruffled to fit perfectly on my shoulders had a sweetheart neckline. It had intricate lace on the top which spread down the bodice to the slightly flared satin bottom. It was perfect. I looked in the mirror and my eyes welled up with tears. This was the one. The girls picked plane jane off the shoulder dresses. I couldn't believe how fast everything was being planned and coming into place. Time was quickly passing by.

With 1 day to go my gown was perfectly fitted. I chose his ring and now it was time to sit back and let the others handle everything. Chris and I were sleeping in separate rooms the night before the wedding. More or less to go along with old wife's tales but I didn't want anything else to come up and possibly jinx us. The girls helped me to write my vows and we went over my checklist. Something Old, my necklace. Something New, my gown. Something borrowed, Athena let me borrow a dollar. Cliche I know but what else could I possibly need. Something Blue, my ring. We even put a penny on the bottom of my shoe for good luck.

Tomorrow was the big day and I wasn't even sure if I would sleep. I felt like I had a knot in my stomach. What if he has changed his mind? The girls planned a bachelorette party for me but first, we went for a run. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day. The wedding wasn't until late afternoon tomorrow. Then I had my heat and our reception/ my luna ceremony was the following day. A good hard run and some music and dancing were just what I needed before the chaos ensued. Hair, Nails, Makeup, memorizing the vows that I wrote. I just hoped I could do it all. The only thing that was missing was a father to walk me down the aisle.

************************************************

Chris's Point of View

I watched out the window in my study as Willow and Athena went off in the woods to run. Trixie, I guess headed into town to get them a table at the bar. I really wanted to just strip and run with her but she asked me to stay behind. She wanted to follow some old wives' myth tale thing. I didn't agree with it because as wolves we didn't follow human customs, but it was making her happy. I would silently disagree with her if it meant that I could see that smile every time. I took another sip of my whiskey and turned back to Leo and Doc. We were playing a game of poker since the girls were taking over the bar. My head wasn't in it honestly. I was tired but didn't want to go to bed. I knew she would be in the room next door but this would be the first time I have slept without her since we brought her home.

Everything was in order. Now I just watched the clock. Tomorrow couldn't come fast enough.