Chapter 2

Chapter 2 (Revised 6/4/21)

(Trigger Warning)

(Trigger Warning)

Sitting in the dark, Katrina perched herself on her oversized recliner waiting patiently for Dominic to come home. Once she heard what that ungrateful brat had planned, she knew she had to tell him all about it. Ever since the little bitch was born all she has known is heartache. Her mate cast her aside and now she was almost giddy with excitement thinking of getting just a small piece of revenge. This was almost as exciting as her little rogue rendezvous a little over 18 years ago. Taking a long swig of wine, she planned out how to tell him. The sky outside had started to grow light when she couldn't fight sleep any longer.

Willow

The sound of barbaric victory howls woke me from my dreams. For once I was sleeping peacefully. Since they were celebrating, I knew that they more than likely annihilated the pack they were after. Grabbing my pillow and pulling it over my head I hoped that I could drown out the noise. It only grew louder and louder meaning that they were moving into the house to celebrate. Sitting up I threw my pillow at the door knowing they wouldn't hear it. Letting out a low growl and sitting on the side of my bed I noticed the cupcake with a single candle on my nightstand. Tilly must have snuck in early this morning to put it there. Stretching out with a yawn I rubbed my eyes. Tilly and I had been up so late packing and finalizing my plans and where I should go whichever way I ran.

After eating my cupcake which would be the only cake I would receive on my birthday, I took a quick shower. Wanting to escape all the noise and rowdiness downstairs I took the back staircase to the kitchen. Looking around I noticed Tilly wasn't there. She must of went to the store. Looking towards the closed door I decided I would spend my day peacefully in my garden. Grabbing my book from the drawer I went outside to settle and wait for the day to end and my chance at freedom to come.

******************************************************************************

Watching as they celebrated their victory, Katrina patiently waited for it to end. She wanted Dominic deep in his cups before she told him the news and at the rate, he was going it wouldn't be much longer. She sent the maid out to run errands and made sure that she would be gone all day. Knowing how attached she was to the little bitch she was sure that any punishment she received she would try to stop. As the party wound down, she walked up to him, tapping him on the shoulder.

"What is it that you want bitch?"

"There is something that I need to discuss with you, Dom!"

"I have nothing to say to you. Now get the fuck out of my way." Slurring his words, he shoved her to the side.

"No, I won't. Listen this is important, and I think you may like to hear what I have to say. Willow is planning on leaving tonight!"

That stopped him in his tracks. Turning to Katrina and grabbing her around the throat, "This had better not be a trick of yours!" Shaking her head, he released her. "How do you know?"

"I overheard her in her room last night. She turns 18 today and said she is leaving this place. The nerve of that ungrateful brat. Said she would rather be a rogue than to spend another minute under the same roof as us!" She watched as her words sunk in and his inner evil started to show. "I mean she didn't even have the decency to ask you. As the Alpha, it is your permission she requires to leave. After everything we have done for her!"