bandages // foxxay

<FLUFF/AU>

AU// Cordelia and Misty are not witches, Cordelia lives alone in an apartment and Misty lives in the one across the hall. Misty frantically knock's on Cordelia's door late one night, bloody and bruised.

"What happened? Who did this to you?!" Cordelia frantically asked Misty as she pulled her inside her adjacent apartment. The two had known each other for a few months now, Cordelia having just moved into the apartment complex earlier that year. Misty had made herself known that very day, offering to help Cordelia with boxes. They had spent the next few months slowly becoming friends, with a hint of something more.

"Got inna fight," Misty's accent was strong and laced with alcohol. "Jesus Misty, how much have you had to drink? Who did this to you?" Cordelia repeated her earlier question. "Rando-Guy at the bar, touched me all over so I punched em'... didn' end well... as ya can see," Misty slurred her words, laughing inbetween her fragments of sentences. Cordelia cursed under her breath as she placed Misty down onto her couch, watching as she flopped over onto her side.

"I'll be right back, please stay right there." Cordelia propped Misty back up and scrambled to her bathroom, searching through her cabinets for all her first-aid materials. She spotted her bottle of hydrogen peroxide and some cotton balls so she scooped them up and made her way back to Misty as quick as she could. To her luck, Misty has managed to stay in the position Cordelia had left her last.

"Okay Misty, this shouldn't sting too bad okay?" Cordelia said, kneeling in front of her friend and pouring some peroxide onto a cotton ball, softly pressing it to Misty's cheek where a bloody scratch lay. "Ow ow ow ow ow," Misty hissed as Cordelia pressed softly onto the wound. "I'm sorry, i'm being as gentle as I can, hold still, please, Misty." Cordelia sighed as she grabbed another cotton ball soaked in peroxide and pressed it to the wound on Misty's eyebrow.

"Where the hell is this guy now? Do you know?" Cordelia questioned her friend once again. "No idea Delia," Misty winced at Cordelia's touch once again. "Why were you even at a bar, you don't drink?" Cordelia had many, many questions. "Wanted to feel somethin'" Misty responded honestly, shrugging her shoulders. Cordelia frowned and sat down on her knees, stopping the patching of Misty's wounds momentarily.

"What do you mean by that?" Cordelia looked up into Misty's eyes with a frown. Cordelia couldn't help but feel immense sympathy for her neighbor, and friend. "'Xactly what I said," Misty sighed, Cordelia should understand what she means without her having to explain it. "Don' feel much, so I wen' out, tryin' to feel somethin'. Thought maybe alcohol. Dunno." Misty sighed again, she seemed to be doing that a lot tonight.

"I... see," Cordelia knotted her brows together as she finished cleaning Misty's face. "Anywhere else you're bleeding?" Cordelia asked, glancing over her neighbor, looking for more injuries. "No..." Misty trailed the word, "Than' ya, for bandagin' me."

"You're welcome Misty," Cordelia didn't know what to say, or what to do at this point. Should she let Misty stay? Bring her over to her own apartment? "Do you want to stay here? Or go home?" Cordelia pondered aloud to Misty who stared off into space. "Misty?" Cordelia sighed. Misty was completely out of it. "You're going to stay here, okay?" Cordelia said aloud, not expecting a response as she got up from the floor, dusting off her knees and picking up the peroxide and other aids to put them away.

"Where ya goin?" Misty wondered aloud as Cordelia walked away. "Putting these away, and getting you a blanket, and pillow." Cordelia said, checking things off her list mentally as she said they aloud. She came back a few short minutes later with a handful of things.

Misty had fallen over, her face smushed into the cushion of Cordelia's couch. Cordelia sighed at the sight. "Misty, sit up please." Misty groaned as Cordelia sat her up, putting a pillow where her head used to lay. "Do you want a change of clothes? Yours don't look very comfortable to sleep in." Cordelia offered but Misty responses by slumping back over, her head hitting the pillow and she was out like a light.

Cordelia sighed, and covered the now sleeping girl with a blanket. "Sleep well." She whispered, patting Misty's head of messy blonde hair and heading back to her room, turning to catch one last glance at the sleeping girl on her couch before disappearing for the night into her space.

A/N

[not proofread, as always lmao]

I don't know what this is tbh, just a random idea i had a few weeks ago that I finally got around to writing. Might do a part 2 sometime, if you guys want it.