Chapter 8

They reached the massive hall, where a huge debate happened right before their eyes... Padme decided to erupt with a huge speech.

"My noble colleagues, I concur with the Supreme Chancellor... at all costs, we do not want war!!" Padme announced to the senate.

It was quiet... then there was an outburst of cheering and applause.

Alia backed away slowly... she didn't like getting mixed up with the politics.

"Grown well you have" a voice behind her said...

She turned around and smiled... "Master Yoda!"

He chuckled.. Alia truly missed her Master.

"Tell me about the adventure later, you will?" He questioned her..

She laughed and replied "of course!"

Alia watched as her Master walked away, she was glad to be back home.... but something felt off... Where was Obi wan?... and Anakin? She thought.

Alia slowly walked back into the hall...

"I warn you, if you vote to create this army... war will follow. I have experienced the misery of war first hand; I do not wish to do it again." Senator Amidala continued.

Alia was completely moved by her speech. Chills moved up and down her spine... she knew that if this war happened, every Jedi would be sent into battle.

 "Wake up, Senators!! You must wake up!! If you offer the separatists violence, they can only show us violence in return. Many will lose their lives.... All will lose their freedom. This decision could very well destroy this very foundation of our great Republic... I pray you do not let fear push you into disastrous decision. Vote down this security measure, which is nothing less than a declaration of war!! Does anyone want that? I do not believe they do!" Senator Amidala finished, she then turned and looked at Alia... who gave her a thumbs up.

There was an undercurrent of groaning and yelling.... Senator Orn Free Taa moved his pod next to Senator Amidala's... Alia watched closer... making sure, Padme wasn't in any trouble.

"My motion to defer the vote must be dealt with first... that is the rule of law," Orn Free Taa replied to Senator Amidala...

Padme looked furious and frustrated.

Few moments went by and suddenly the debate was over....

Chancellor Palpatine walked up to both Padme and Alia... he gave Padme a sympathetic look, he then turned towards Alia... he smiled.

"You've grown up Alia" he said.

"I have indeed... Thank you Chancellor" she replied back to him.

"And you've become a Jedi knight?" He questioned her...She nodded.