Chapter 31

Anakin was hiding in the garage... Alia stood outside holding a tray of food, debating on if she should go inside or not. She finally got the nerves and walked in... she saw Anakin kneeling by the speeder bike, with a wrench in his hand.

"The shifter broke," Anakin explained... but paused and turned around... looking at Alia.

"Life seems so much more simpler when you're fixing things," he continued.

Alia set the tray down and walked over towards him...

"I'm good at fixing... always was, but I couldn't..." Anakin kept talking, Alia could see his hands tremble... Anakin stopped... he turned and looked at Alia, tears were forming in his eyes... it broke Alia's heart, she wanted to make his pain go away.

"W-why did she have to die? Why couldn't I save her? I know I could've!!" Anakin pleaded.

"Sometimes there are things... that just can't be fixed, you're not all powerful.. Ani," Alia kneeled down beside him, placing her hand on his shoulder. Anakin continued to work on the speeder bike....

"I should be!! Someday I will be.... I will be the most powerful Jedi ever!! I promise you, I will learn to stop people from dying," he replied... Alia could hear the anger... the sadness.. in his voice.

"Anakin...." Alia was lost at words.

"It's Obi Wan's fault... he's jealous! He knows I'm already more powerful than he is... he's holding me back!!"  Anakin yelled. He chunked the wrench across the garage... it made aloud clatter, he looked down at his trembling hands... Alia stood there, completely afraid to move.

"A-Ani...what's wrong?" Alia has immediately noticed something was completely off... she had a feeling he had done something bad...

"I-I killed them.... I killed them all... they're dead, every single one of them..." Anakin paused and focused on Alia.

"Not just the men...the women and the children too, they're like animals... and I slaughtered them like animals.... I hate them!!!" Anakin cried.

There was silence... for just a moment, then Anakin broke down.... sobbing... Alia pulled him into her arms.

"Why do I hate them? I didn't... I couldn't... I couldn't control myself, I-I don't wanna hate them... but I can't just forgive them," Anakin continued.

"To be angry is to be human," Alia informed him... she got angry all the time, but she never killed anyone... not yet anyhow.

"To be a Jedi... you have to control your anger, you know that,"Anakin rested his head on her shoulder.

"You're human... we both are," Alia whispered in his ear.

"No! I'm a Jedi... I know I'm better than this, I'm sorry!! I'm so sorry!!" Anakin repeated over and over. 

"Even Jedi get angry, Anakin... you're like everyone else," Alia replied rubbing his back.

She rocked him... while he cried into her shoulder.