Chapter 27

Alia was walking into the balcony... she noticed Anakin was standing there, meditating.... she turned on her heels to leave.

"Don't go," Anakin spoke... he sensed her presence, and that she was about to leave.

"I don't want to disturb you," Alia replied.

"Your presence is soothing," Anakin sighed...

"You had a nightmare again last night," Alia commented... she knew it was about his mother, but she wanted him to tell her... she wanted him to be able to talk to her.

"Jedi don't have nightmares." Anakin stated.

"That's not true... I have nightmares, but I heard you last night," Alia confessed.

He opened his eyes and looked at Alia...

"I saw my mother...I saw her as clearly as I see you now... she's suffering, Alia... she's in pain... they're killing her!! Anakin paused... "I know I'm disobeying my mandate to protect you and Padme... I know I will be punished and possibly thrown out of the Jedi order, but I must go... I have to help her! I'm sorry, Alia... I don't have a choice," he continued.

"Ani, I told you... I wouldn't let you give up your future for me, I'll go with you... that way you can continue to protect me, and I'm sure Padme will come too! That way you aren't disobeying your mandate," Alia quickly reasoned... she wasn't going to let him go by himself, she was gonna go weather he liked it or not.

"What about Master Obi Wan?" Anakin thought of his Master...

Alia gently took his hand and smiled...

"I guess we won't tell him, will we?" She said.

Suddenly she found herself leaning towards him... Anakin noticed what was about to happen and he smiled.... they moved closer, until their noses were practically touching. Alia crashed her lips onto his... sending chills down her spine, she wrapped her hands around his neck.... and he gently grabbed her waist, pulling her closer.

They pulled away... completely breathless... but both had a smile on their faces.

"I'm gonna go talk to Padme... about the plan," Alia smiled... she turned on her heels and walked away.

Alia, Anakin and Padme stepped onto the landing platform... they entered the Nubian starship, R2 beeped happily and followed them on board.

And with that the Nubian starship headed towards the desert planet known as Tatooine.

Alia was a little nervous... she's never been to Tatooine before, Padme has.... she told Alia it was hot, but the people there were kind.... most of them.