Chapter 26

Alia and Anakin were in the middle of an idyllic meadow... the meadow was sprinkled with different colored flowers, in the distance... there was a herd of Shaaks grazing. Beyond that there was a crystal blue lake. They sat on the grass, in a playful... coy mood kinda way... talking. Alia was picking flowers....

"I've never had a crush..." Alia looked down...

"I'm sure you do... you just don't wanna tell me," Anakin laughed...

"Are you going to use the Jedi mind trick, on me?" Alia smiled....

"You should know by now it only works on the weak minded," Anakin replied..

"Oh alright... his name was Ajax, I had just started training with Master Yoda...  Ajax was training with Yoda until his Master came back from a mission, I thought he was very cute... He was much older then I, he had raven black hair....and the greenest eyes ever," Alia described her very first crush....

"Alright!! I get the picture... whatever happened to him," Anakin continued asking...

"Honestly? I don't know, I think he may have failed his trials... and just disappeared," Alia replied.... she wasn't sure on what happened to Ajax...

"Okay..." Anakin nodded.

"Padme had a crush on some boy named Palo in the same program as her... Whenever she got the chance she'd talk with him.... I think he became an artist?" Alia said laughing.

"Maybe he was the smart one," Anakin shrugged...

"You really don't like politics, do you?" Alia noticed.

"If I'm being honest with you... I like two maybe three, but I'm not sure though yet... I don't like how the system works," Anakin smiled.

"How would you like it to work??" Alia asked... tilting her head.

"We need a system where the politics sit down and discuss the real problem.... and agree what is the best interest for all the people, and then maybe do something about it," Anakin explained.

"I agree with you... but the people don't always agree, in fact they hardly ever do... but when they do it's on very rare occasions," Alia replied....

"Then they should be made... or at least have their minds changed.." Anakin stated...

"By who? Who's going to make them?" Alia asked..

"I don't know... someone," Anakin shrugged...

"Oh I know!! You!" Alia replied..

"No.. no not me," Anakin laughed..

"But someone?"Alia asked...

"Perhaps someone wise," Anakin spoke.

"Dictatorship... sounds like a whole lot of dictatorship to me" Alia commented... she looked up at him, and noticed that a smile was spread across his face.

"Well, if it works of course," Anakin shrugged..

Alia stared at Anakin... he looked at her, straight faces... he couldn't hold a smile.

"You're making fun of me," Alia pointed out... a smile spread across her face.

"Oh no!! I'd be much to frightened to tease such a powerful Jedi knight..." Anakin replied with a sarcastic tone...

"Hey!! You're so bad!!!" Alia replied... picking up pieces of fruit and throwing them at Anakin, but he caught them with such ease. She frowned.

"You're always so serious....always carrying the weight of the whole universe on your shoulders," Anakin said.... he began to juggle the fruit, he was complete focused.

Alia laughed.. she threw more fruit at him, he managed to juggle them too... until suddenly there was too many, he lost focused and ducked. Alia used the force to keep the fruit from hitting him, she then gently placed them on the blanket....They both laughed.

Alia stood up.. she extended a hand towards Anakin... he took it, and she pulled him up.

"Come on!!!" she called out as she took off running. Anakin soon joined her... they both ran around the field, it felt amazing...touching the flowers... having them touch her ankles, legs, and the wind in her hair... Anakin was just fast enough to constantly be right behind her... but Alia was a tad faster.

The two laughed... as Anakin tried catching Alia, she managed to evade his grip. Anakin looked as though he had forgotten all of his past... and he was enjoying his time in the present... with Alia.

When both grew tired, they collapsed beside each other on the grass.... Alia's hair was spread out all around her, she wiped the sweat off her face... Anakin laid beside her, looking up at the sky and all the weirdly shaped clouds. Without a word... Anakin pushes himself up off the ground, Alia watched him closely.. confused as to what he was doing.

Anakin stood in front of a Shaak, he yelled and waved his hands at it... Alia started laughing as Anakin ran in circles, he was being chased by the Shaak. The Shaak ran right in front of Alia, and she noticed Anakin was riding it, facing the rear end of the Shaak.

The Shaak bucked Anakin.. and he fell off, Alia laughed even harder.... When she noticed Anakin wasn't moving, her heart dropped. She jumped up and rushed towards him.... he was laying face down in the grass.

"Ani?" She called out...

She gently turned him over.. he was smiling, she frowned... and slapped him in the chest....He caught her arm and she struggled.

They began rolling downhill, when they stopped... Alia ended up right on top of Anakin, both of them laughing... suddenly the became aware of the contact between them... they quickly let go of each other and sat up... looking in two different directions.

Anakin stood up and held his hand out to Alia, which she took... of course.... he pulled her up gently.

Alia scrambles up onto the Shaak, behind Anakin... she placed her arms around his waist, and leans into his back... breathing on his neck. Anakin smiled... he dug his heels into the Shaak... and it started moving, they rode away... leaving what they brought with them behind.