Chapter 18

"Be safe, M'lady" Typho advised Padme.... he turned to Alia "you too, okay?"

"Thank you, Captain... be sure to keep Jar Jar in check" Padme addressed.

"He'll be safe with me," Typho laughed.

Alia looked around... looking for her Old Master, she needed to tell him something but he was no where to be found.

Anakin frowned as Obi Wan pulled his aside.

"Anakin you must stay on Naboo, do not attract any attention! Do absolutely nothing without checking in with me or the Council" Obi Wan ordered.

"Yes, Master," Anakin nodded.

"I will get to the bottom of this plot quickly, M'lady ... Alia, you both will be back here in no time," Obi Wan addressed them.

Alia's stomach started to twist and turn... she had this feeling that only one of them would be back... and she knew it wasn't her.

"I will be most grateful for your speed... Master Jedi," Padme said.

Anakin looked at Alia... He knew something was bothering her, he turned towards his Master... who was also looking at Alia, Anakin could sense that she was scared....he could see the fear.

he cleared his throat... "Time to go" he announced.

Those words dragged Alia out of her deep thoughts... she turned to look at Obi wan, she smiled.

"So long my friend and May the force be with you," she said.... waving goodbye. She turned on her heels.... and walked slowly to the speeder bus.

"Suddenly, I'm afraid," Alia heard Padme say.... she could hear the fear.

"I'm kind of scared too.. This is my first assignment on my own," Anakin said but paused.... "What about you, Alia?" he continued.

" Honestly? Yes, I'm scared... because I know this would probably be the last time I see everyone" she confessed.

Obi Wan and Captain Typho watched as Anakin, Alia and Padme disappeared into the vastness of the spaceport...

"I hope he doesn't try anything," Obi Wan sighed.... knowing full well that his apprentice would try something.

Once on the speeder bus, Alia moved towards the back.... she sat by the smallest window she could find...... She pulled her legs up to her chest, head resting up against a window... she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

*************************************************************************************************

She felt sweat drip down her face... she was running, she felt like her heart was gonna pound right out of her chest.

She turned around and saw a tall figure... not sure who it was, and she didn't wanna find out.

He was dressed in black... he was breathing heavily, she knew he was part of the dark side.... but who was he?

His evil laugh rang through her ears....he lifted up his hand, she flew into his grip...

"who are you?" she whispered

"Someone who once loved you," he said.

"A-ANAKIN?!"

He continued to laugh... his grip around her throat grew tighter... and tighter, soon darkness filled her eyes.

*************************************************************************************************

she jumped up, sweat dripping.... she looked around and noticed it was just a dream.

She noticed Anakin was asleep next to her....he was wrapped up in a blanket, she noticed he was sweating....

"No, No... mom....No" he mumbled in his sleep.. she gently placed her hand on his forehead, and closed her eyes... she wanted to see what he was dreaming about. She suddenly opened her eyes and thought to herself.... this isn't right.

She gently placed her hand on his cheek...

Anakin woke up.... startled, seeming to forget where he was. When his eyes fell on Alia, he relaxed....she drew her hand away.

"Thanks," he mumbled...

"I-I didn't do much....but you know talking about your dreams, will help with the nightmares" Alia sighed

"It was nothing," Anakin said while shaking his head....

Padme walked up to them... holding a plate of food, Padme could tell Alia cared about Anakin... she wasn't blind. She knew just by the way Alia was staring at him... Alia wanted to ease his pain.... she wanted to protect him.

Padme knew.... she knew that Alia loved him, but she wondered... would Alia give him a chance?

"We entered light speed not long ago," Padme informed... watching as Anakin and Alia exchanged looks.