Chapter 28

The Nubian starship lands in a large lot filled with spaceships... on the outskirts of Mos Espa. A rickshaw rode in front of them, it stopped and they all three climbed in.... it carried them through the streets. Anakin stared at the sights... he hadn't seen for years, suddenly the rickshaw came to a sudden stop.

Alia looked up... she turned to Padme, who gave her a small smile, Alia knew this must have been the place where Anakin worked as a slave.

"Wait...please," Anakin spoke softly, but he grabbed Alia's hand... they went down, while Padme waited outside patiently.

They walked in... sitting on a stool in front of the shop was a Toydarien... he was using a small electric screwdriver on a fiddly droid, by the look of it. Three pit droids were trying to help him... but it looked like it only made him madder.

"No, not that one... that one!!" The toydarien yelled in Huttese.... Alia hadn't mastered that language yet, but she could understand some of it.

"Excuse me... Watto?" Anakin spoke... startling the creature.

Alia wrinkled her nose towards the Toydarien know as Watto.... he was the one who owned Anakin, and she hated him....despite if she didn't know him.

"What?" Watto grumbled in Huttese.

"I said excuse me," Anakin replied to Watto in Huttese... Alia was completely amazed that Anakin learned to speak this language and spoke in it with such ease....

Alia watched as Watto turned towards the chattering pit droids.... "shut down" he ordered them, as they followed his command... they snapped into their storage position.

"What? I don't know you.... what can I do for you? You two look like Jedi.... whatever it is, I didn't do it," Watto kept talking in Huttese.

Watto dropped the screwdriver and cursed loudly in Huttese....

"Let me help you with that," Anakin tool the fiddly piece of equipment and started to play with it....Watto blinked in surprise.

Alia watched them closely.... she walked over to the counter, it was calling to her... she touched the side of it... a vision came across her, she saw a small boy... young Anakin.... she smiled. She noticed he wasn't alone, but he was with Qui Gon and Padme... their mouths were moving but no words were coming out, but she could sense that same presence she felt back on Coruscant... but she noticed they were happy... she turned and looked at young Anakin, and saw his smile... she froze.

He was the presence... she had been feeling all this time.

Alia quickly closed her eyes and opened them...

"I'm looking for Shmi skywalker,"  Anakin asked Watto.... wishing to know where she was at, Watto looked at him suspiciously... he turned to looked at Alia then back to Anakin.

"Ani? Little Ani? Nahhhh!!" Watto excused it, suddenly the fiddly piece of equipment sprung to life... Watto blinked at it with such surprise.

"You are Ani!! It is you! You little womp rat.. you sure sprouted weehoo!!! A Jedi waddya know?" He pulled Anakin into a hug... but he paused.... " maybe you couldda help me with some deadbeats who owe...." Watto stopped talking.

"My mother..." Anakin reminded Watto ...

"Oh yeah....Shmi.... she's not mine no more, I sold her,"  Watto informed Anakin.

"S-Sold her?" Anakin questioned...

"Years ago... sorry Ani, but you know... business is business... sold her to a moisture farmer, named Lars... least I think it was Lars, believe it or not, but I heard he freed her and even married her... can ya believe that?" Watto rambled.

"Do you know where they are?" Anakin asked.

"Long way from here... someplace over on the other side of Mos Espa, I think..." Watto struggled to remember.

"Yeah... sure... absolutely, let me go check my records" Watto continued.

Anakin and Watto went further into the shop while Alia returned to Padme and R2....

A few moments later... Anakin walked out of the shop, R2 whistled happily...

Anakin, Alia and Padme started down the trail towards the homestead....

While walking Alia was in deep thought.... she had remembered what Master Qui Gon said, that she was to help Anakin destroy the dark side.... but she still couldn't understand why she could always feel his presence, could he feel hers?