Chapter 40

Alia never thought this incredible, amazing day would ever come.... all her life, she had been told she could never marry... or fall in love. She knew she was going against code, but it all didn't matter... anymore, all that mattered was that she was finally gonna be happy... marry the man she had grown to love.

Her hair was styled elegantly... a lace veil on top of her head, and a laced white dress... that fell to the floor... Alia felt beautiful. She looked at herself in the mirror... and smiled but it soon faded it away, she looked down at her metal hand... burning the image of this moment into her mind.

Padme stood beside her... wearing a knee length olive green dress, she had carefully picked it out herself... her hair had been braided back, falling down on her shoulder... she was incredibly happy for Alia.

"Come on... he's waiting," Padme smiled, and slowly led Alia out of the bedroom.

Anakin was beyond nervous... he wore his Jedi robes, his heart beated faster... the longer he waited for Alia. R2 and 3PO were the only ones there... except for the holy man, who had been sworn to keep the wedding a secret.

At the sudden sound of footsteps, Anakin looked up... Alia was lead by Padme, who was smiling wide.

Anakin couldn't stop looking at Alia... he thought she was beyond perfect, even though she had many flaws including her metal hand... but those didn't matter. He watched as she gently walked towards him, she suddenly stopped in front of him... and smiled.

Padme stood next to the two droids... Alia and Anakin joined hands as the ceremony at the lake house where they shared their first kiss begun...

Both couldn't look away from one another... as vows were said, they didn't stop. Padme saw how happy Alia was... and how in love she was.. Padme saw how much Alia truly loved Anakin, and how he truly loves her...

"Do you, Alia... take Anakin Skywalker to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The holy man asked her.

"I do," Alia spoke gently... trying so hard to hold in her excitement.

"Do you, Anakin Skywalker... take Alia to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The holy man asked him... but Anakin already knew that answer.

"I do," Anakin replied.

"I now pronounce you man and wife... you may kiss the bride," the holy man finished.

Alia grabbed Anakin's face and pulled him in for a kiss...

Each small kiss was sweet... but short, yet it was the best thing Alia had experienced.. each was a wonderful memory, she would cherish forever... she hoped to one day tell her children about her amazing memories... if she had children of course.

They pulled away from each other... Anakin felt like the happiest man in the entire galaxy, at this very moment. Alia felt like she was the luckiest woman in the entire galaxy.....

"Congratulations!" Padme said... pulling them both into a tight hug...

Padme smiled..

"Alia skywalker.... has a nice ring to it," Padme replied.

The sound of her name... made Alia smile.

Later that evening, they stood at the same spot... Alia rested her head on her husband's shoulder, and he held her by the waist... close.

Padme stood with the droids... and watched the two love birds... she was happy that Alia had finally got what she deserved... and that was happiness... love... and the man of her dreams.

They all watched the beautiful Naboo sunset... and they all knew what was awaiting for them, once they left this planet and went back to Coruscant....

War.

They wanted their happiness to last forever... but they knew they were needed back into battle. Before Padme resumed her senate duties and Alia did her Jedi duties... before Anakin resumed his padawan training...

Everything was all and well... at least for now.

********************************************

Writing these last complete of sentences was very emotional... I cried... but I am so happy about this fanfic.

Also I think Alia and Anakin are amazing for one another.... they are "The Power Couple"

I will be writing book two very soon... I however am very excited about book two!! ❤️