Chapter 21

Queen Jamilla was seated on the throne... flanked by Sio Bibble, four handmaidens stood close by... and over by each door there were guards.

"I've been worried about you both," Queen Jamilla took each of the girl's hands...

"Thank you, Your Highness.... I only wish I could have served you better by staying on Coruscant for the vote," Padme expresses... clearly upset about the whole thing still.

Alia stood over by Anakin.... and watch as Padme and Queen Jamilla talked.

"Given the circumstances, Senator... you know you and Alia could have stayed, it was the only decision her highness could've made," Sio Bibble entered the conversation....

" How many systems have joined Count Dooku and the separatists?" Queen Jamilla asked Padme...

"About two hundred... more and more systems keep leaving the Republic everyday, if the Senate votes to create an army... which could quite possibly turn into a civil war," Padme replied....

"It's unthinkable! There hasn't been a full scale war since the formation of the Republic!" Sio Bibble exclaimed....he was clearly upset.

"Do you see any way, through negotiations.... to bring the separatists back into the republic?" Queen Jamilla questioned....

"Not if they feel threatened," Padme nodded.

"Your highness, if you don't mind me cutting in, but the separatists don't have an army... unless they are provoked, then they will find a way to defend themselves... And with no money or time to build an army, my guess is... they will turn to the Commerce Guilds or the Trade Federation for help," Alia added in... trying to speed up the conversation.

"The armies of Commerce!! Why has nothing been done in the Senate to restrain them?" Queen Jamilla sighed.

"I'm afraid that... despite the Chancellor's best efforts, there are still many bureaucrats judges... and even Senators on the pay roll of the guilds," Padme replied....

"It's outrageous!! After all those hearings, four trials in the Supreme Court, Nute gunray is still the Viceroy of the Trade Federation... does the money mongers still control everything?" Bibble stressed....

"Remember... Counsellor, the court's were able to reduce the federation army.... so that's a step towards the right direction," Queen Jamilla reminded Bibble.

"There are rumors, Your Highness... that the federation army was not reduced as they ordered," Padme spoke.

"The Jedi have not been allowed to investigate," Anakin added in.

"We were told it would be far too dangerous for the economy..." Alia finished.... remembering the conversation they were apart of.

"We must keep our faith in the republic... until we lose it," Queen Jamilla spoke confidently..

"Let's pray that day never comes," Padme nodded.

"In the meantime... we must consider you and Alia's safety," Jamilla focused on other matters.

Sio bibble signaled, for all the handmaidens to leave....

"What is your suggestion, Master Jedi?" Sio Bibble questioned Anakin...

"Anakin's not a Jedi yet, Counsellor... he's still a padawan learner, but Alia is a Jedi... I was thinking..." Padme began speaking, Alia knew what she was gonna say... but before she could finish her sentence.

"Hey, hold on a minute!!!!" Anakin interrupted.

"Excuse me!! I was thinking we should stay in the Lake country... there are some places up there that are very isolated," Padme recommended....

"Excuse me? I am in charge of security here, M'Lady," Anakin reminded Padme...

"Ani, our life is at risk... mostly Padme's, but this is her home... she knows the safest places here, I can assure you of that... this is why we are here," Alia stepped in.

"I think it would be wise for you to take advantage of my knowledge in this instance," Padme agree with Alia.

"Sorry M'lady," Anakin breathed out.

"She is right...The Lake Country is the most remote part of Naboo, very little people... and not to mention the clear view of the surroundings," Bibble agreed...

"Perfect! It's settled then," Queen Jamilla agreed.

Anakin glared at both Padme and Alia..

Queen Jamilla stood up, and started to leave...

"Padme, I had a talk with your father yesterday...I informed him about what's happening, he hopes you will visit your mother before you leave... they'd like to see you as well Alia, they are both worried about you," Queen Jamilla spoke with worry in her tone.

They all exited down the staircase....