Chapter 36

Mace Windu, Obi Wan, Anakin, Alia and Padme... and the rest of the Jedi were completely exhausted, but they continued to fight.... droids surrounded them.

Bloodied sand was strewn with the bodies of dead Geonoisans, shattered droids and mangled Jedi..... Alia quickly tried to catch her breath.

Ki-Adi-Mundi and the survivors from the raiding party were herded up into the arena... with the rest of the Jedi.

In the archducal box, Dooku lifted his hand... the droids lowered their weapons... which caught the Jedi's attention.

"Master Windu!" Dooku called out but paused... "you have fought gallantly... worthy of recognition in the history archives of the Jedi order, Now it is finished... surrender and your lives will be spared," Dooku continued.

"We will not be hostages for your barter with, Dooku," Windu replied.

"Then I'm sorry... old friend, you will all be destroyed... expect Alia," Dooku said in a mock tone.

The droids raised their weapons... Alia quickly grabbed Anakin's hand tightly. Dooku raised his hand to give the order to fire.....

Padme looked up suddenly and pointed up towards the sky....

"Look!!" She announced... everyone looked up... and smiled, it was the best sight they'd all seen in awhile.

Above them were six gunships.... descending fast, through the open area in the arena.... they landed in a cluster, surrounding the handful of Jedi... clone troopers spilled out and started firing at the droids.

Yoda appeared at one of the doors of the gunship...

"Come one, Hurry!!" Yoda ordered.

The surviving Jedi dashes towards the gunships and jumped in... Mace Windu hung on tightly as the gunship started firing its weapons.... all the gunships rose out of the arena and flew away.

Obi Wan, Alia, Anakin and Padme were at the open sides of the gunship....Clones fired down at the droids below. The gunship circled over a droid gun emplacement.... it blasted towards the gunship, but suddenly the gunship rocked by a near miss.... it lurched violently.

"Hold on! Look over there...." Alia pointed out.

Through the other side of the Gunship, they saw a geonosian speeder racing past them... in the open cockpit was the unmistakable figure of Dooku... Alia frowned.

"It's Dooku, go after him!!" Alia ordered.

The pilot started to comply, but there was a huge blast... and the ship turned on it's side, Padme to tumbled out.

"Padme!" Alia watched as Padme rolled down the sandy hill, showing that she was completely unconscious....

"Put the ship down! Now!" Alia ordered... Anakin looked at him, completely confused...

"No! Forget her.... we have to go after Dooku," Obi Wan replied.

"No we're not! Land the ship!" Alia kept ordering...Anakin turned towards Obi Wan...

Alia had a sad look on her face... she wanted to go back and get Padme, but if they did... then Dooku would get away.

"Don't let your personal feelings get in the way... we've got a job to do," Obi Wan reminded his friend ...

Anakin turned towards Alia... he nodded, agreeing with his Master.

"I don't care! Go back,"  Alia didn't stop... she started to get angry...

"Alia! She will be fine... Padme can take care of herself!" Anakin yelled. Alia looked at Anakin and was completely shocked... Obi Wan just stood there in complete silence.....

"She's basically family... I can't lose her.." Alia mumbled.

"Follow that speeder!" Obi Wan took over the controls, and had the pilot follow Dooku.

The gunship followed the speeder towards a Geonosian tower.... the speeder descended rapidly, the gunship followed behind.

Dooku's speeder parked outside of the tower; the gunship parked next to it.... Alia, Obi Wan and Anakin jumped down and ran inside the tower.