Chapter 23

Padme, Sola, Alia and Jobal were clearing off the table...

"I can see why you talked about him so much.... he's cute," Sola said.

"Well he's just a friend... and why did you assume he was my boyfriend?" Alia replied...

"Have you seen the way he looks at you?" Sola laughed, not able to believe how blind Alia was.

"Sola...stop it," Alia laughed.

"It's obvious he has feelings for you... Are you saying you haven't noticed?" Sola continued...

"Anakin and I are just friends.... our relationship is strictly professional," Alia said while grabbing more plates off the table.

"Mom would you please tell her I'm right!" Sola pleaded...

"Well, maybe you haven't noticed the way he looks at you.... because you are afraid to face your true feelings for him," Padme said with a smile... Alia looked towards her... completely shocked. Sola laughed....

"Why are we even discussing this? Why are you guys picking on me??" Alia questioned them both...

"You are practically family... Alia," Jobal said..

Alia's heart warmed up... she was about to cry....

"I-I'm f-family?" Alia said choking back the tears...

They all smiled and pulled her into a hug...

"You guys are impossible.." Alia said wiping away the tears...

"You've done your service... you both have, I just think it's time for you both to settle down and start a life... you girls are missing out on so much!" Jobal pleaded... Alia looked at Jobal, she knew she was right, Padme was ignoring her mother... she wasn't ready to settle down.

"The Jedi need me... I can't just leave, there are still threats being made out there... out in the galaxy, I know what I signed up for... all those years ago... but I can't just leave, not yet." Alia sighed...

"One day I will..." Alia mumbled under her breath.

They all hurried up with the cleaning... and Padme and Alia went to gather some supplies.

Padme and Alia threw some things into bags...

"Don't worry, this shouldn't take long," Alia said sensing Anakin walking in the room...

"I just wanna get there before dark," Anakin reminded them...

Both Padme and Alia continued to pack... while Anakin walked around the room.

"You still live at home?" Anakin asked Padme.

"I've moved around so much, I've never had a place on my own... official residence have no warmth, I feel good here... I feel safe here," Padme sighed...

"Home is where the heart is," Alia added.

"I've never had a real home... home was always where my mom was," Anakin picked up a framed hologram.... he smiled.

"Is this you and... Alia?" Anakin questioned...

The hologram showed Padme and Alia swimming.... they were smiling.

"That was a couple of years ago... we were bored that day, we had just gotten back from a huge debate... and Alia suggested we'd go swimming, I however was completely against it... but she shoved me in the water," Padme said... she had remembered that day.

Anakin picks up another hologram.... it was a picture of when Padme was younger, she looked around the age of 10 maybe even younger.... she was wearing official robes, standing between robed Legislators... she had a very serious look on her face.

"My first day as an Apprentice Legislator... notice the difference??" Padme pulls a face, and Anakin smiled. Padme continued to pack...

Anakin picked up another hologram.... Alia and Padme were wearing elegant dresses, he laughed when he saw how uncomfortable Alia looked.... but he thought she looked beautiful.

"Ah yess... that's when Padme forced me to wear a horrible dress... to some fancy party, I was fine wearing my robes... but she didn't want anyone to know I was a Jedi," Alia  smiled....

Anakin placed the hologram down... he turned towards them both.... it was scary how different they are now, they didn't deserve any of this... they both deserved a normal life.

They deserved happiness....

They deserved love...