Chapter 38

The great doors slid open... the droids turned fast, raising their weapons. Through the thick smoke, emerged the shadow of Yoda... he stopped on the smoke filled threshold, the droids rushed towards him... pointing their guns. Before the droids could shoot, Yoda had raised his hand... and flung them against the wall... they crashed to the floor.

Dooku stepped away from Alia, and turned towards the Grand Jedi Master.... he whirled into a formal salute.

Yoda grabbed his lightsaber from his belt... he saluted formally.

"Count Dooku... No interest in contests, do I have," Yoda replied.

Dooku charged towards Yoda, he swung his lightsaber down on the small Jedi Master... Yoda didn't move an inch... for the first part of the contest, he quickly blocked every cut and thrust that Dooku aimed... Dooku's energy drained quickly, his strokes became more sloppy... slower.

Yoda attacked... he flew forward, causing Dooku to retreat.... his lightsaber was a humming blur of light, Dooku's lightsaber was sent flying from his hand. He staggered back, gasping...

Yoda jumped onto Dooku's shoulders, and was about to drive the saber into Dooku's head.

"The end for you, Count... this is," Yoda stated.

Dooku smirked....

"Not yet...." Dooku replied, raising his arms... knocking Yoda off his shoulders and then with all strength... he used the force to pull on of the cranes in the hanger... and sent it crashing down on Obi Wan and Anakin.

Alia waited for the impact but she didn't hear anything... nor see anything.... She turned towards Yoda who was under the crane.... holding it up, using the force. Yoda closed his eyes and concentrated... Anakin was unconscious, Obi Wan tried to get out from under the crane.

The crane trembles... and started to lift up... slowly.

Behind it, the sound of Dooku's ship engines were heard starting up... Yoda was to focused on lifting the crane.

Yoda exerted every scrap of his powers... Alia saw him struggling, she stood up... groaning in pain.. she lifted up her one good hand and helped her Master. The crane lifted clear off of Anakin and it was thrown to the ground... Dooku's ship took off... quickly.

Alia fell to the floor... holding her injured hand.... she threw her head back and steady her breathing.

Padme and a Clone Captain with ten troopers appeared... Padme looked at all the devastation.. Alia was injured... badly, Obi Wan looked completely exhausted... Anakin was injured badly and exhausted.

"Anakin!!" Alia said, she quickly found the strength and rushed towards him... she kneeled down beside him, she helped him up.... carefully.

The Clone Captain marched towards Yoda, stopped... and saluted.

"Resistance is at the end... General, what are your orders?" The clone questioned.

Yoda looked at him... and only sighed.