Chapter 25

Dessert was placed in front of Alia, Padme and Anakin...The dessert was some kind of fruit.

Alia picked up her fork and tries to cut a piece of the fruit... but it moved away from her, she frowns and goes for it again... but it moved again. She looked up at Anakin, who had his eyes on his plate...

"Did you do that?" Alia questioned Anakin.

Anakin looked up... trying to look innocent.

Alia frowned at him, Alia went to cut the fruit again... Anakin slowly moves his hand and lifted the fruit, and hovered it in front of Alia.

"What? Hey! Stop that!!" Alia pointed out... as her fruit floated in front of her. Padme laughed, catching Alia's attention... Alia slowly moved her hand up and watched as Padme's fruit lifted off her plate.

"Hey!!!" Padme yelled... causing Alia to laugh.

Alia lowered Padme's fruit so she could eat it, but Alia's fruit was the only one floating.... she watched as it went from side to side...

"Anakin!!" Alia laughing... Anakin smiled..

He moved his fingers and the fruit flew into his hand...

"I'm not supposed to do that for fun... If Master Obi Wan were, he'd be very unhappy," Anakin seemed pleased..

He cut the fruit into several pieces... and sent a piece back to Alia....She bit it out of the air and laughed.

After dessert Padme had retired to bed early..

Alia sat in front of the opened hearth.... and gazed towards the flames, she sensed a presence behind her.. she turned around and saw Anakin.... She scooted over, allowing him to sit next to her.

"May I tell you something?" Anakin asked.

"I-I don't know," Alia shrugged.

"Then how am I supposed to tell you?" Anakin questioned...

"Hmm maybe try using your Jedi intuition, you are training to be one after all...." she shrugged...

"It doesn't work around you... my mind is always fuzzy... I only think of you," Anakin began...Alia's heart fluttered.

"Anakin... don't," Alia remembered the kiss... they shared.

" Alia... from the moment I met you, all those years ago... a day hasn't gone by when I haven't  thought about you. A-And now that I'm close to you again... I'm in agony, the closer I get to you... it gets worse. The thought of not being with you makes my stomach turn... my mouth dry... I also feel dizzy, I can't breathe. I'm haunted by the kiss, you should have never give me... my heart is beating.. hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... What can I do? I will do anything you ask of me..." Anakin confessed... leaving Alia completely speechless.

There was silence between them...

"If you are suffering as I am... please tell me," Anakin continued.

"I am suffering... but we can't, it's not possible," Alia breathed.

"Anything is possible... Alia, please listen," Anakin began.

"No.. you listen, we live in a real world... come back to it, you're studying to become a Jedi knight... I'm already a Jedi. If you'd follow your thoughts through conclusion, they will take us to a place we can not go... regardless of the way we feel about each other,"  Alia explained.

"Then you do feel something....." Anakin paused..."There's an extraordinary connection between us... you can't deny it Alia" he continued.

"Ani.. it doesn't make any difference, Jedi aren't allowed to marry... we both swore an oath, remember? You'd be expelled from the order... as would I. I most certainly will not let you give up your responsibilities... your future, for me," Alia replied while running her hand through her hair....

"Yes... I was destined to be a Jedi, I don't think I could be anything else.... but you are asking me to be rational. That is something I cannot do, I wish I could make my feelings go away.... but I-I can't," Anakin spoke.

"I am not going to give into this... I'm not going to throw my life away, I have more important things to do.... than fall in love," Alia said dropping her head.... she loved being a Jedi, and she knew that despite her feelings... it would lead her down a dark path... and that's something she couldn't do...

They stared into the fire...

"It wouldn't have to be that way..... W-We could keep it a secret," Anakin suggested.

"Then we'd be living a lie... one we couldn't keep even if we wanted too, Sola saw it... Padme saw it... even Jobal saw it. I couldn't do that, could you...Anakin? Could you live like that?" Alia questioned....

There was a brief silence for a moment...

"N-No, you are right... it would destroy us," Anakin finally agreed.. it broke his heart... but he knew it was the right thing to say...