Snorkmaiden's Lost Memory

Lulamoon grabbed her satchel and black leather journal and rushed out the door of her cottage. She pushed herself to moved faster as she ran to Moomin House. She got a letter from Moomin asking for help. It seems that Snorkmaiden took a nasty fall and was now under the impression that she was a princess.

She rushed up the steps when she reached the tall, blue house and knocked on the door. Moomin answered immediately. "How is she?" Lulamoon asked and quickly stepped into the house. "What's her symptoms? Is she feeling nauseous? Is it just her memory?"

"Slow down dear." Moominmama put and hand on the witch's shoulder. "She's asleep now. Come with me."

Lulamoon was led upstairs to Moomin's where Snorkmaiden was currently sleeping. She quietly rushed over to her side and, gently, placed a hand on her hand as to not wake her. She casted a few spells that scan her for anything wrong.

~~~

Everyone downstairs waited with bated breath. They all stared when the witch and Moominmama came back downstairs. "So?" Moomin spoke up. "How is she? Can you help her?"

"The good news is that the amnesia isn't permanent." They all sighed in relief. "The bad news is that, because it was caused by blunt trauma to the head and not a curse, there's not much I can do besides letting it run its course."

"There's no potions or spells that could help?" Moominpapa asked.

"Well, I know plenty of memory spells." Lulamoon answered nervously. "But it really isn't safe to go messing around in someone's head. I could end up erasing her memory permanently."

"Well we can't have that."

"Oh no." Moomin groaned. "I was only joking when I called her a princess."

"I'm very glad you didn't call her an Opera singer." Said Papa.

"And another thing Moomin." Mama spoke up. "She wants a canopy put up immediately."

"What's that?" Moomin asked.

"A fancy cover over the bed that's draped with silks and velvets and tassels." Lulamoon told him.

"She was very upset because there wasn't one there already." Said Moominmama.

Mr. Hemulen stood up from the couch and the witch just noticed he was there. "It might not be necessary. Her memory could back by the time she wakes up. Why don't we wait and see. She might be fine after a rest."

"Let me try it!" Little My hopped up and ran up to them.

"Try what?" The witch asked.

"To get Snorkmaiden's memory back! What else?"

"Oh? How?"

"Well I think that I'd she sees me, she'll remember me and then she'll remember everything else to!"

Lulamoon giggled. "It's worth a shot I suppose."

Moomin, Little My and Lulamoon all went up to Moomin's, now Snorkmaiden's, room. They walked up to her bed and she slowly blinked her eyes open. "She's awake!" Moomin said.

Little My hopped up onto the bed. "Hey, get up Snorkmaiden! Let's go down to the beach!"

"Who is this person?" Snorkmaiden asked as she sat up in bed.

"Come on, you remember me! I warn you, if you dont, you'll be sorry!"

"Oh, quite amusing!"

"Ah, so you do remember me! Who am I then?"

"Of course we do! Why, you're another court jester! Of course!"

Moomin started laughed and Little My tackled him to the ground. Lulamoon giggled. "Oh, very funny." Snorkmaiden spoke. "She's a better clown then other one. You can preform at our wedding."