Domestic

(Short chapter)

Lulamoon sat up and groaned as she stretched. She smiled down at her mumrik who was still asleep with his arm hung loosely over her waist.

As quietly as she could, as to not wake him up, she got out of bed and got ready for the day. Fixing her hair and changing into a simple sweater dress.

Calcifer met her downstairs and immediately started demanding food. "Alright, alright. Hush you spoiled boy. You'll wake up Snufkin." She slipped on some shoes and headed out the back door, towards her greenhouse. "How about we have some banana pancakes?" Calcifer cawed out happily.

~~~

Snufkin was woken up by the smell of something really good. He got up and walked over to the open window and looked out. "Looks like it's going to be a nice day today."

He chuckled when he walked downstairs and heard arguing in the kitchen.

"Hey! No, claws off! Be patient will you? They'll be done in a minute! Don't make you tie you to your perch!"

He stepped into the kitchen and was greeted with the sight of Lulamoon trying to finish making pancakes while holding back her raven that was covered in pancake batter.

Lulamoon jumped when she felt arms wrap around her waist and kisses trailed up her neck. "Well, good morning to you too." She giggled.

"Those smell good. What kind are they?"

"Banana- HEY!" She yelled as Calcifer snatched a pancake and flew out the window with it.

Snufkin laughed and moved to sit at the table.

After finishing up breakfast Snufkin got ready to head out while Lulamoon stood nearby to see him off. "Heading off into the forest today?" She asked.

"Yup. Maybe I'll walk up the Lonely Mountain. Not sure yet." He finished putting on his boots and turned to her.

"I'll see you later then." She gave him a kiss and put his hat on his head.

He smiled and opened the door to leave but paused as Mrs. Fillyjonk and one of her kids walked up to the cottage. "Good morning Snufkin." She greeted him.

"Morning." He greeted back.

"Hello Mrs. Fillyjonk!" Lulamoon stood in the doorway. "Here for a check up?"

"Yes." Fillyjonk nodded and gestered to her son. "He said his throat doesn't hurt anymore and the fever has gone down but I just want to be sure."

"Of course. Come on in and make yourselves comfortable. Would you like some tea?"

"Oh, yes please."

Snufkin smiled as he watched them dissappear into the cabin. Lulamoon turned back to him. "Will you be coming for dinner?"

"No." He told her. "I think I'll back to my campsite."

She smiled. "Alright! Stay safe!" She then closed the door and Snufkin continued on.

He had reached his campsite when his eyes widened in realization.

He proposed.

She said yes.

He proposed and she said yes and he's basically living with her.

And he was fine with it.

He didn't feel suffocated or caged in.

He was comfortable. He was happy.

He was getting married.

Snufkin's legs wobbled so he lied down on the grass and stared up at the sky. The most beautiful and kind-hearted girl in the world and she was his.

How did he get so lucky?