Lady of the Cold

It's the middle of winter in Moomin Valley and Lulamoon was just getting back from visiting her mother. Wearing her hooded fleece cloak and dress coat to keep her warm while trekking through the snow. She saw the Groke ahead of her and smiled. She's ran into the Groke a few times after the whole incident with Thingumy and Bob. The Groke really wasn't so bad, it's not her fault that her body is so cold that everything she touches will freeze.

"Hello Mrs. Groke." The witch greeted her when she got closer. The Groke smiled her and nodded. She rarely ever spoke so Lulamoon usually did most of the talking. The Groke gestured for the witch to follow and led her to the top of a hill. Lulamoon looked down the other side of the hill and saw Little My and Moomin.

She bowed slightly to the Groke as thanks and made her way down the hill to her friends. "Hello you two!" She called to them.

"Lulu! You were with the Groke!" Said Moomin.

Lulamoon laughed. "Yes, I was. We've become friends. What are you two doing out? Shouldn't you be hibernating?"

"Oh, I don't know. We just woke up and couldn't get back to sleep." He explained.

"Well are you two hungry? Thirsty? We can head to up my cottage and I can make something for you." She offered. They nodded and she led them to back to her place.

Even though she had been gone for a few weeks, her house was still nice and warm because of the heating tags she had hung up. They all went into her kitchen and Moomin and Little May sat at a small table. Calcifer had flew over and perched himself on her shoulder while she served them juice.

Little My drank her whole glass of juice. "That was great!"

Lulamoon smiled. "Good, isn't it? You can have as much as you like. I have fruits growing in my greenhouse so, even in the winter, I have plenty to eat and drink."

"Thanks!" Little My looked around the witch's kitchen and saw silver tray hanging on the wall. "I want that!"

"My tray?" Lulamoon walked over to it and took it all the wall. "What for?"

"To slide on the snow with it of course! It'll make a great sled! It'll go really fast!"

"Well sure. I don't use it much anyway." She gave Little My the tray. "So what are you two planning to do today?"

"I wanna go look at the sea!"

"Good idea!" Said Moomin. "At least that won't be covered in snow."

~~~

It was a short walk to the bath house since Lulamoon's cottage was pretty close to the sea anyway. But when they got there, they saw ice as far the eye can see. The water was frozen solid.

They saw a horse made out of snow nearby and went to look at it. Lulamoon heard footsteps and saw Too-Ticky carrying a bucket of water towards them. "Too-Ticky! Hello!" She greeted happily.

"Hello you three." She greeted back.

"You're not hibernating either?" Asked Moomin.

"Oh, no. I haven't got time to spend four months sleeping."

"Why not? Little My and I just woke up and now we don't know what to do."

"I'm sure you can think of something."

"Did you make this horse Too-Ticky?" Lulamoon asked.

She nodded. "Yes I did."

Little My hopped up. "Can sit on it?"

"No you can't. I made it for the Lady of the Cold. I suppose you've heard of her?"

"Yes. She's very beautiful!" Said Little My. "But if she looks into you're eyes you turn into a block of ice! She's not a very nice lady."