The Lost Children

Moomin, Snorkmaiden and Lula moon were still fast asleep in the rowan tree. The sun was high in the shy and the floating theatre had floated away a long time ago.

Snorkmaiden blinked the sleep out of her eyes and sat up to stretch. "I slept like a log all night. It's so lovely to be out in the fresh air and with the tree in bloom." She then looked down and saw their little rope latter led down to the water. "No...no!" She panicked. "The house is gone! I mean, the theatre is gone!" She turned and shook Moomin awake. "Moomin! Lulu! Wake up! There's been a catastrophe!"

"What's a catastrophe?" Lulamoon yawned out and her and Moomin sat up.

"The theatre floated off during the night!" Snorkmaiden told them and they looked down only to see water.

"I don't believe it." Moomin muttered and climbed further up the tree. He looked out over the water but all he could see were the tops of trees. "It has! It's gone! I can't see it anywhere!" He started climbing back down to their hammocks. "It must be far away by now."

Snorkmaiden stared down at the water as her eyes teared up and she started crying. "We're stranded in the rowan tree with water all around us!" She wailed.

Lulamoon shuttered as she looked around them. 'This would be less frightening if I knew how to swim.'

~~~

On the floating theatre, Sniff had woken up first and sat up. He yawned and finally opened his eyes and they widened when he couldn't see the rowan tree. "Ahhhh!" He yelled in panic and shot up. Startling Little My awake. "W-We're adrift! We're floating away! Ah! We're drifting away!"

Everyone got up and walked to the edge of the stage. "Oh no." Mama gasped. "What are we going to do? Moomin and the girls are still up in that beautiful rowan tree!"

The theatre shook as it hit shallow waters and came to a sudden stop. Sniff fell off and grabbed onto Little My, dragging her down with him. Moominpapa reached down to try and reach them but Sniff, in a panic because he couldn't swim, basically dunked her under him so he could grab onto Papa's hand. Little My came back up to the surface and cursed him as the water carried her away. "That was mean of you Sniff! I'll remember this and my revenge will be terrible! You won't be forgiven!" Her voice got quieter the further she went out.

"Seems we're stranded." Emma spoke up. "That's not a bad thing. Theatres shouldn't swim about."

~~~

Moomin and the girls were jumping to the tree branches of nearby trees. Moomin jumped to one and turned to the other two. Snorkmaiden stepped forward but the branch wobbled. "I'm to scared to get over to your side." She said as she looked down at the water below them.

"You must be brave, Snorkmaiden!" Said Moomin. "I'll catch you so you won't fall. Okay?"

Snorkmaiden nodded and jumped to Moomin who caught her and put her behind him on the branch. "I told you so. The branch didn't break, did it?"

"Thank you for saving me."

Lulamoon stepped up and jumped to the other branch but it broke as soon as she landed and she hit the water below them."Lulu!" Moomin yelled out and quickly made his way down the tree. "Are you alright?"

Lulamoon winced and got up. She looked around before smiling and looking up at the others. "I can stand up! Look! The water's only ankle deep!"

Moomin jumped down and stood in the water as well. "You're right. It's so shallow." He said while Snorkmaiden started climbing down to join them.

Meanwhile, Little My had found a basket of yarn floating on the water so she climbed into it. "I wonder where I'm gonna end up." She hummed. "Doesn't matter. I rather like this boat." She curled up on the yarn and closed her eyes. "It's so nice. I'll go back to sleep for a while."