Moomin Builds a House

A new day was dawning in Moomin Valley and everything looked peaceful, felt peaceful and even smelled peaceful. Little did Moomin dream, what a troublesome day it'd turn out to be.

"My mother had come to visit rather unexpectedly." Mymble said as Moominmama poured her tea.

Little My gasped. "Huh? Are you serious?"

"Is that a cause for concern?" Asked Mama.

Mymble nodded. "Yes, cause my little brothers and sisters have come too and there are so many of them, I can't see how they'll ever fit into my tiny little house. They're house has collapsed, you see."

"Well that's no problem." Mama smiled. "Why don't you ask them over here? We have plenty of room!"

"That's very kind of you to offer. I can always take Little My away with me."

"There's no need for that Mymble." Said Moominpapa as he came down the stairs. "I'm sure she's looking forward to seeing all her dear family."

"Ask them around anytime Mymble." Mama agreed.

"Oh, well...they're waiting just outside the door." Mymble told them. Mama gasped and hurried over to the door to let them in. As soon as the door opened, a bunch of kids ran in. Some ran by Papa and up the stair and some ran around the table in the living room where Little My and Mymble were sitting.

"Behave yourselves! Calm down!" Yelled their mother as she walked up to the door.

"Hi Mama!" Little My yelled as she hopped up in her chair.

Mymble Mama smiled. "My! Please excuse me." She walked by Moominmama and up to her daughter who jumped into her arms. "You've grown so big since I last saw you Little My!"

Mymble walked up to her mother. "Mother, this is Moominpapa and Moominmama. They say you can stay here in Moomin House."

Mymble Mama happily turned to Moomins. "I do hope it doesn't cause you to much trouble!"

"Exactly how many children have come to stay in Moomin House?" Papa asked.

"There should be ten little ones, as long as I haven't lost any that is! They are rather difficult to count, aren't they?"

"Ten of them? They seem like more."

The door to Moomin's bedroom opened as four kids walked in. "Someone's asleep." Said the boy as he ran up to the bed. "There's a tail!"

"A good one." Said a girl.

"With a tuft!" Said another.

They all laughed as they climbed onto the bed and jumped on it like a trampoline. Moomin woke up and glared at the kids. "What is this?! Get off right now!" They leaped off the bed and ran out of the room as Moomin chased after them. He chased them down the stares and grabbed one when they reached the second floor.

"Hi Moomin! You've got the right idea!" Said Little My as she dragged a kid behind her.

"Who are they? What are they doing here?" He asked then howled in pain when the kid bit his arm and ran off and he let go of them.

"Morning Moomin." Mymble greeted him with a sigh as she came up the stairs from the first floor, also holding a squirming kid.

"What are all these children doing here?"

"I'm afraid these are by brothers and sisters. They're staying here."

"Here? In our house?"

~~~

The next day Moomin had gone to Snufkin's campsite and ranted to him and Lulamoon about the kids. The two couldn't help but laugh at Moomin's predicament. "It's no laughing matter." Moomin grumbled. "I hardly slept and I ache all over."