Buried in a Jungle

The seeds that Moomin and his friends found, in a box that had been cast out into the sea, had grown into a tropical forest. It was beautiful.....but also dangerous. With man eating plants kept at bay by Snufkin playing his harmonica. He stood up and led them all back to the cellar while the others followed slowly behind. Once he led the plant far enough into the cellar, he turned and ran out. Snorkmaiden shut the door behind him and they blocked it with furniture again.

"I feel sorry for them." Snufkin said as he watched them seal the plants in.

"I do to." Lulamoon agreed. She'd hate to have her own plants treated like this. "But it can't be helped. If we let them out we'll be eaten alive."

The kids when out to play Tarzan again but Snufkin took Lulamoon back to her cottage. He went to get her first-aid kit that she kept in the kitchen, he didn't know if he should be worried that he's memorized where she keeps it, and brought it back to the living room where his witch was sat on the couch.

He sat next to her and took her bruised wrist and pulled a small bottle of salve that Lulamoon made herself. "I'm sorry." She muttered as he started to apply it gently. "I seem to get hurt a lot, don't I?"

"It's fine." He said and grabbed some bandages. "I realized you were accident prone when I got you out of that thorn bush and you immediately got stuck in a log right after. I already knew I was gonna be taking care of you."

"You shouldn't have to. I should be able to take care of myself. I'll be running my own medical supplies dry at this rate. I already have to make a new batch of bruise salve."

"It's fine." Snufkin repeated and looked up at her. "You are taking care of yourself. You're just a bit clumsy is all. It's just something you have to work with. That doesn't make you helpless and it doesn't make you any less of a medical witch."

Lulamoon smiled and he looked down again at her wrist he had finished wrapping. His witch was so kind and does everything she can to help. Always wanting to solve their problems even when they're just minor ones. He rubbed his thumb over the white badage wrap. 'You do so much to try and help us without much thought for yourself.' His eyes drifted close and he lifted her wrist. 'So let me be the one to take care of you, just as you take care of us.'

Lulamoon froze as his lips grazed over her wrist softly. Her face burned and her heart was beating against her ribcage.

He was kissing her wrist.

'Why? What happened? He seemed so deep in thought before. Was he worried? Well of course he was worried. He's always worried. But he's never done this before. What happened this time that was different? Is he ok? Am I ok? Why is it so hot in here?!'

Snufkin's eyes opened and he pulled back. Then they widened when he realized what he had just done. He cleared his throat and stood up quickly. He used the edge of his hat to cover the blush on his face and he moved towards the door. He quickly told her that it was getting late and he should start getting home.

Lulamoon stayed frozen on the couch as he left. She was pretty sure she was going to pass out. Her body screaming at her to breath.

'WHAT JUST HAPPENED?'

~~~

Lulamoon was out for a midnight stroll. There was no way she was going to be able to sleep tonight so she figured she go out and clear her head. "Hello Lulu!" She turned as Little My walked up to her. "What are you doing out here so late?"

"Just taking a walk." She said.

"Oh, you got your wrist patched up!"

Lulamoon blushed at the reminder and nodded. So much for clearing her head. She let out a startled squeak when her friend suddenly pulled her down behind a rock. "What's wrong?" Whispered and peeked out. There were two full grown tigers of the hill in front of them.