Snorkmaiden Goes Psychic

While out in the forest, looking for rare new plants, the Hemulen was surprise to come across a huge tent he'd never seen before. He walked up to it and found Snork and Snorkmaiden standing in front of it. "Is this your tent?" He asked.

Snork nodded. "Yes, I'm gonna build my flying ship in it." The last one was a failure and it burnt down the shed it was in.

"Great! Then the blueprints must be ready and you solved your problems!"

"Well, sorta. Since my first flying ship was such a flop, uh...I'm not saying much this time."

Hemulen smile in understanding. "Well, I'm looking forward to seeing it anyway." The sky rumbled loudly and he turned away. "The thunderstorm's almost here. I'll be going!"

"I'll be going home too." Said Snorkmaiden.

"Uh, Snorkmaiden?"

"Yes Snork?"

"We put up the tent in a stupid place. We really oughta put it up deep in the forest somewhere, right out of sight. Here, everyone can see it! If my flying ship is a flop, they'll know!"

"Oh don't be silly. Of course it won't be a flop. Just now, you were so confident when we were putting up the tent!"

"Well yes." Snork sighed. "But then the Hemulen came. Just like everyone else will come. Anyway, I better get to work. You go on home and I'll see you later."

Snorkmaiden agreed and took off running in an attempt to beat the rain. Unfortunately, It started to pour so she stopped and took shelter under a tree. "I'll take shelter here for now. No point in getting wet." There was a loud rumble of thunder as lightning struck the tree. She screamed and was blown away when the tree exploded.

Snufkin quickly climbed out of his tent and looked in the direction of the forest where he could see smoke.

~~~

Moomin was looking out the window of the guest room in Lulamoon's cottage when he heard the door open. "I guess Snorkmaiden hasn't woken up yet? Snufkin said she was hit by lightning." Little My said as she walked in.

"Yes." Moomin nodded and they both moved to the bed wear Snorkmaiden was lying. "She looks okay, but she's still unconscious."

"Has anyone told Snork?"

"Yes, Papa has."

The door opened again Lulamoon came in with a tray of tea and a potion bottle. "Still no change? She should be awake by now."

"She's so still. I'm so worried." Moomin muttered.

"She'll be fine. Have you tried waking her up?"

"No. I didn't know if it would be a good idea to disturb her."

"You should try calling her name."

"Good idea!" Little My spoke up and moved up to Snorkmaiden's head. "That massive thunder cloud must have, very well, deaphened her so I guess we shouldn't waist anytime whispering." She leaned towards her friend's ear. "HEY WAKE UP SNORKMAIDEN!"

Moomin started shaking her gently to help wake her up.

"Please be quiet." Snorkmaiden groaned. "The shouting is hurting my head."

Lulamoon quickly grabbed the potion and help her sit up. "Here, drink this. It'll help with the head ache. You can have some tea afterwards."

"Thank you." She gulped down the potion and handed the empty glass back to the witch who traded it for a cup of tea. "What happened to me?" She finally asked.