Crooks In Moomin Valley

As usual, Moomin Valley painted a picture of absolute peace. A perfect day for a picnic, as Mymble and the Inspector decided, with Little My agreeing.

"Hey Inspector, don't you ever have to arrest any criminals?" Little My asked as she ate her sandwich.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Inspector asked as he turned to her.

"Seems to me you spend all your time running around after my sister!"

"On the contrary. Yesterday I spent the entire day in the garden, tending to my favorite roses."

"That was monday." She said. "You spent three whole days picnicking."

"Time flies with your sister."

"Well I don't think gardening and picnicking is real police work at all."

"Perhaps you'd care to tell me what you think really police work is."

"Collecting fingerprints, arresting crooks and interrogating them of course!"

"Maybe, but we don't have crooks in Moomin Valley."

"Well, now that you mention it, we haven't any."

~~~

Moomin picked a lily and handed it to Snorkmaiden. "Fair Maiden, allow me to give you this flower. A small tribute to your far greater beauty."

Snorkmaiden took the flower and smelled it. "Such fair speech my true knight! But what are these rare blooms?"

"White lilies. Don't you know anything?" Little My cut in, startling the two. "You can find them anywhere. Are you two rehearsing for a bad play or something?"

"No we are not!" Snorkmaiden exclaimed. "This is how young lovers are suppose to speak to each other and it takes lots of practice and concentration!"

~~~

Little My danced and twirled her way over to the bridge where Snufkin sat on the railing, playing his harmonica. She hopped up onto the railing, did another twirl and then sat next to him. "Hey Snufkin, I've got a great idea."

Snufkin stopped his playing. "Yes?"

"You and I should start dating."

"WHAT?!" Snufkin yelled and fell back off the bridge and into the stream below. He surfaced from the water and look up at her.

"I'm going to start dating you, I've decided!" She yelled down to him.

The mumrik groaned and sunk back under the water.

No doubt about it. There must be Spring in the air again!

~~~

Lulamoon made it to Snufkin's camp just as Snufkin got back. "Oh Snufkin! My strawberries grew so I wanted to know if- what happened to you?!"

The mumrik was completely soaked. "I uh...fell in the river."

Lulamoon put her basket down and took his hat off. "Go in and get changed then give me your wet clothes." Snufkin nodded and crawled into his tent.

After he changed, he started setting up his fishing pole while Lulamoon hung his clothes up to dry. Once she was done, she sat on the grass next to him. Snufkin moved to sit in front of her then fell back so he was lying with his head in her lap. The witch giggled at the expression on his face.

"Alright, tell me what happened."

Snufkin sighed. So much for the peaceful day.

~~~