Midsummer

All over Moomin Valley, the theatre invites were fluttering down. They were even falling over the lake. One fell where the cop held his prisoners and hit him in the face. Moomin, Snorkmaiden and Fillyjonk watched from inside the big cage they were in.

The cop cleared his throat and started to read the paper. "Moomin Theatre presents, written by Moominpapa-"

"Moominpapa!" Moomin gasped.

"The Lost Children of Moomin Valley." The cop continued. "Staring Moominpapa, Moominmama, Sniff and introducing Emma."

"Emma!" Fillyjonk smiled. "I'm sure that's my aunt! She works in a theatre!"

The cop glanced at them then looked back at the paper. "I haven't seen a play since I was a kid. It was wonderful. The best play ever. All about a princess. She fell asleep in a rose bush. She was so lovely. I've gotta see that one again. But who will guard my prisoners?"

"I have a good idea officer!" Said Moomin. "You can take us with you to the theatre to see the play!"

"We love the theatre so we won't try to run away. I promise!" Fillyjonk added.

"Not possible." He huffed. "I won't let you out of this jail until you right 'it's forbidden to burn signs' five thousand times each! That's the punishment for vandals! Except for that witch! There's no way I'll risk untying her hands so she can cast her freaky spells to escape!"

Lulamoon was held in a different jail than the others. The cop caught her trying to use her magic to unlock the jail door so he tied her hands behind her back, so she couldn't use them to cast spells, and put her in a different cage so they couldn't untie her.

The poor girl was just laying on the floor of her prison with her back turned to the outside world. She hasn't moved since she was thrown in there and her friends were starting to worry. Moomin can see that the ropes were starting to dig into her wrists from where he was.

The cop decided to let his cousin watch the prisoners while he goes to see the play. The Hemulen girl was sat on a stool, knitting, in from of them while the keys to their cells were on the ground next to her.

"Excuse me!" Snorkmaiden called out to her. "You seem to be a very good knitter."

"Oh thank you." The Hemulen glanced back at them. "Nobodies ever said that to me before. I very much enjoy it."

"What are you making?"

"I'm not sure. I don't really know. Nothing in particular. It's just reassuring somehome. Nothing bad can happen while you knit. The problem is I seem to forget to decide what to make before I start."

"Couldn't you make socks? It's a very nice soft color."

"Socks?"

"Yes! It's very very cold in here!"

The Hemulen stood up and smiled. "Yes! That's a very good idea! Listen, if I knitted each of you a pair of warm sock, would you really put them on?"

"Of course!" The three of them agreed.

"That would be wonderful! I'm almost freezing to death in here, it's so cold!"

"Is it really that cold?"

They put on an act of shivering and chattering their teeth to make it look like they were freezing. The Hemulen eventually decided to let them out so they could be nice and warm indoors. Moomin immediately started talking her into letting Lulamoon out as well. "Those ropes are tearing up her wrists and I'm worried about her! Yes, she's a witch but she's really nice! I swear!" He had begged.