•53•

-7 months later-

It's here, it's finally here. Me and Barry are getting married. It's been a made few months but look, here we stand ready for the wedding between us. Up ramps the wedding music as I start walking down the isle, John walking down like my dad should have done, because John is in every way possible my dad. I have Alex and lena walking behind me, holding up the big white vail of the stunning white wedding gown I'm wearing as I smile at Barry standing at the alter in his beautiful black suit and tie. He looks adorable and nerdy at the same time and it makes him look so much hotter, and much more like the Barry I love. My mind still occasionally flashes back to element as I think of her current whereabouts and the fact that the deo gave up with trying to find he after she went MIA for a second time in her life simply because of my choice to give her a second chance and I'm still proud of that choice, despite the others not even knowing that I made it. We make it to the alter and I look at Barry, seeing the world in his eyes as we exchange vowels and then exchange rings both of which are beautifully presented by cisco, Barry's man of honour, who stands too in a suit elegantly at his side. We place the rings on each other's fingers and we look at each other and kiss. I've waited my whole life for this. For a moment like this where I didn't have to think about it, or question it because it's love. It's real and pure love and I wouldn't change anything for the world, I love Barry so much I want to spend the rest of my life of my life with him. We kiss again as the entire room ruptured into applause and Alex looks almost as if she is crying along with John who is more visibly crying. We next head over to the alien bar for the reception, not wanting to go any where else but a place where everyone gets along and everyone can be themselves. I change out of the big white wedding dress and into a smaller white one instead, so much so if we do any dancing or karaoke, which me and Barry will probably do together, I can actually move around. When we sit down at the bar each alien that comes over gives us their congratulations and the bartender pours us all drinks and we sit and chat for a bit first, I'm holding Barry's hand and don't think I'm ever going to let go, but then we witness it on the tv screen. A news article, and on the screen a picture appears of Ora, and underneath it says, 'superhero Ora has been seen again in Varian city after going MIA for 4 years' and I can't help but smile. She did it. She really did it. She made a change and now she's back to being Ora, and she's making to making a difference and cleaning up the town she left all those years ago. I smile as I look around. I lost mon el, but gained so many others, and I look up and down at Barry and I finally understand. We fall in love because it's the most beautiful and warm feeling In the world, it's a feeling of passion and commitment and the feeling of wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone who you love with every ounce of your being. I thought that being kara was weak, i thought that I should have been bulletproof and yes I am bulletproof as Supergirl, not as kara but that's okay because now I see what kara has got me, and I think I finally realised what I've been missing.

I am kara.
And I'm also supergirl.