•52•

"Element I know why you did what you did, why you thought that doing it would make a difference because you blamed yourself for someone else's mes because that's what they told you to believe and so my plan is simple, you and Megan need to run away, both change your names or keep them if you really want to but I would advise against it, the government could easily track you down and then we'd both be in trouble. So I'm going to tell everyone I nearly had you, but just as I was about to arrest you, you caused an earthquake, cause one now, just a small one, so we have proof that's what you did, and then when i was trying to protect a lamppost falling on a building you made a runner, and ran off and I don't know where, can you do you that for me" I ask and element nods her head placing her hand to the round as I feel it rumble and watch as a lamppost falls over and I move it around just simply so that it looks believebake and I look down at the crushed earth beneath me and at element and Megan who are holding hands and looking at each other lovingly. "Thank you supergirl," Element says and I smile at her as she smiles back, "I think after this experience you can call me kara" I say alluding to the fact that element knows who I am in the real world and now there's no point in trying to hide it from her, "well then Kara, my name is Cynthia, and I promise you won't hear from us again, and thank you, thank you thank you thank you, for giving me a second chance, for giving me the ability to go and make a change with the one person I couldn't live without, thank you kara. Thank you for saving Me" she says and I smile, "it's okay Cynthia, it's all in a day's work for supergirl" I say as I blast out, flying up as I watch Cynthia and Megan run holding hands before I loose then around a sidewalk. I let them go. I let them go. No one can know that I let them go. I had to let them go. Cynthia deserved a second chance and she deserves to live a normal life with the person she loves. I flick back on my earpiece, "kara are you okay?" Alex's worries voice comes in a almost startling way into my ear, "I'm fine but I lost Element" I say being careful not to say Cynthia and basically blow my entire cover, "how" Alex asks quickly as I still stay flying In the air wondering where Cynthia and Megan have gotten to and if they are safe yet, "Element caused an earthquake and while trying to save a building from a falling lamppost she escaped, I don't know where she went" I say blatantly lying to Alex and feeling awful about it, but at the same time feeling amazing because of the change I finally made, "alright get back to the deo and we can look for her" Alex says and I fly back to the deo, my head in the clouds as I think about her, about Cynthia, who Element, about Megan and about Barry, and when I arrive in the deo I give Barry a big kiss, he inspired me to save her, and he may not know that but he inspire me in every way possible. And I love him for that.