King Philip and King Deceit

A high pitched scream of terror erupted from the Light Realm castle. To be precise, three high pitched screams. Deceit straightened up instantly. "Remus..."

"I heard it, Dee." His fiance agreed, placing down the battering ram he had been using to smash down Cabina city gates. "Those were imps..."

The whole Dark Army froze. Imps? In the Light Realm castle? Deceit scowled, fury rising slowly as his tongue slit and thinned. "Thosssse incompetent ssssssimpletonss have gone too far now. We'll get thosssse impssss back," He spat and turned to Remus expectantly. "Give me that battering ram!"

Remus handed it over quickly and Deceit slammed it into the wall. It tumbled down like a domino and the Dark Army swooped in like a falcon, spreading out and forcing their way through the city.

Deceit dropped the battering ram and strolled sassily through the city, hissing and spitting at terrified civilians. He sauntered up to the palace and shoved past the guards with Remus trailing behind him.

Down he went through the disgustingly bright corridors, past showy armour stands and dangling banners. More impish screams and he picked up the pace.

Freezing Deceit stared at a large set of polished oak doors. Remus glanced at him, about to say something when Deceit swung his hand and the doors blew off their hinges and clattered to the ground.

King Phillip looked up and scowled. Three imps were locked up in a small birds' cage, screaming and wailing loudly. Deceit recognised them immediately and pulled out his sword. The yellow blade shot out, gleaming in the hazy sunlight from the windows.

"Ooh! Look, Dee! He's got Virgie's' imps! Let's kill him!" Remus crowed happily, reaching for his own weapon, a mace of high craftsmanship and brutality.

"Honey, whatchu waiting for?!" Screamed the red Heather as she threw herself upon the bars. "Run him through, the little git!"

Philip narrowed his eyes. "King Deceit, I don't know why you sent in imps as an excuse to charge through here. If it was an assassination attempt, it was very poor."

Deceit walked forwards, his sword tip scraping along the ground with an ear-piercing shriek. "I have no idea what you are talking about, you ssssad old man: but pleasssse know, thissss issss the lasssst time you ssssteal thingssss that are mine..."

"I have done nothing, cowardly snake! These- these fairy rejects arrived with a big old roll of parchment with no explantation and jumped towards me!"

"Oh my, what a horrific assassination attempt." The young Dark King's' voice dripped thickly with sarcasm. "I do hope your nervessss have recovered."

Remus frowned. "Parchment?"

"You will leave this city and give me back my son," Philip demanded.

"You will kneel before me and return my brother!" Deceit commanded.

"Dee, what did the old guy say about parchment?"

"I haven't got your snivelling little brother! He's stolen my son and brought him to you!" Spat King Philip, practically jumping up and down in frustration.

Deceit snarled, raising his sword. "I don't have your sssson! What would I want with that sssstuck up, air brained prince?! He's about assss much brainssss assss a troll and lookssss like one too!"

"Guys, the Heathers are trying to say something-!"

"How dare  you! At least my son isn't marrying a madman! At least he isn't marrying a man!"

"Ooh! Sssso that'ssss the big ssssecret! I'm sssso ssssorry, your homophobic highnessss! Would you like me to kneel and kissss your feet? Or would that be too gay?"

The Heathers screamed loudly, getting everyone's' attention.

Remus blinked and smiled. "Heathers, you now have our attention!"

The red imp turned to her yellow and green counterparts. "Which one of you two have it?"

"Heather does." Said the green Heather.

The aforementioned Heather held out the roll of parchment. "Virgil said to give it to you." 

"Virgil?" Deceit whispered, dropping his sword. The Dark King rushed to the imps. "Virgil?!" He said loudly, "I-Is he okay? Where is he? How did you find him?"

"Woah, woah, Dee! Calm down!" Chortled Remus, taking the parchment. "Let's just read this and see what he has to say." The Duke opened it confidently and the smile slowly fell as he read it. A minute dragged past in silence before Remus looked up and made eye contact with Philip. "Your son has a crazy signature."

Philip walked over. "You mean Roman? Roman's' signature is on there?"

"It is. Along with instructions..." Deceit mumble as he read through the letter himself.

The imps crowded around, trying to see the letter, as the three men read over it. Deceit frowned. "This can't be Virgil."

"It's definitely his handwriting!" Remus commented.

Philip glanced at the Dark Realm King. "I'm going. I want to see my son."

Deceit scowled, putting his hands on his hips. "I'm not letting you go unsupervised. I'm accompanying you."

"And I'm accompanying Dee! Couldn't let my fiance run off with another man, now, could I?" Remus added bossily.

Philip hesitated. "Just no... gay  things while I'm around, please. It isn't very comfortable..."

"What, you mean like this?" Remus asked and suddenly dipped Deceit into a kiss. King Philip jumped back and Deceit went bright red, pushing his fiance off him. Remus dropped the Dark King with a playful smirk.

"Y-Yes... That's exactly what I meant..." Groaned the Light King.