Love, Anonymous

Deceit had summoned them. The imp who told them to come was jumping around, fidgeting nervously.

Roman swallowed nervously, "So, let's hope this isn't bad news!"

It wasn't good news at all

.:*:.

Deceit threw the leather-bound book at the wall with a brutal force. Remus handed him another solemnly. Repeat.

That was what Logan had been watching for at least ten minutes. The pile of dented books was growing steadily. Neither had said a word for that whole time. Except for Remus, who said "Hi," when they entered, nothing else. That thought had just crossed his mind when Deceit finally spoke.

"That little, ssssnivelling ssshit! How are they do that to me! Do they know who I fucking am?!" Spat the king as he hurled a dictionary at the wall. Part of that wall chipped. "They will burn for their inssssolencccce, those fucking little basssstardssss!"

Patton covered his ears.

Roman hesitated. "What's happened?"

"This!" Deceit snapped his fingers as he grabbed another book. Heather McNamara appeared holding a rolled-up piece of paper. One of her wings was flapping far faster than the other and one eye was swollen. She looked abuse. 

"Give them the letter, Heather," Remus said, handing Deceit two books at once.

With a small nod, the yellow imp swooped down awkwardly. She dropped the paper in Romans' hand before landing, exhausted, on Pattons' shoulder.

Roman rolled it open as his two friends gathered behind him to see. It was a picture of Virgil. He looked beautiful, his bangs longer and rather indigo and his face porcelain like a doll - Roman missed that face. But something was wrong. His nose had been broken and he had several cuts on his face. He was tied up. At the bottom of the picture, in swirly handwriting, were two words: "Love, Anonymous".

"Now you ssssee... I will fucking burn thissss 'Anonymous' at the sssstake, or force feed him the blood of a unicorn after I force him to sssslay it!" Deceit hissed snatching the books from Remus and hurling them at the wall.

Logan frowned. "It has to be King Thomas. No one else would do this. He must've stolen him from wherever he was and sent this to mock you. This could be his warning for something."

"We could get Heather to tell us, right?" Patton suggested, turning to the imp.

McNamara's' eyes widened and he started shaking her head wildly. Opening her mouth, she let out a thin wail of fear, falling off Patton's' shoulder only to be caught by a knight who was standing by the door.

Remus sighed at the fainted imp. "She does that every time we try to talk to her about it. Whatever happened, it scared her bad."

"It doesn't matter." Deceit glared at the now slightly dented wall. "What matters is that anonymous is going to burn for this."